Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas 2009 (warning: LOTS of pictures)

We had an awesome Christmas!!!  We also enjoyed Christmas Eve dinner with Dan's parents and his brother's family.    Dan and I spent all night wrapping presents and getting the playroom all done.  The playroom makeover was a surprise for the kiddos, so we did most of the work after they went to bed that night.   The kids were so excited and loved opening presents.  Here are tons of pictures to show just that.  Oh, and if you want to see even MORE pictures of the playroom redo, check out my crafty blog.  We hope you all had a very merry Christmas too!!!

Christmas Eve dinner with family


Baby Katelyn under the table, happy as can be


Crazy Shepard boys

The Nativity (with one very unhappy little angel)



The tree is all ready to go


The kids loved opening presents


There were lots of costumes this year b/c of the costume dress-up corner in the new playroom.  I scored with a lot of fun costumes after halloween!



And they loved the snakes I made for them...yeah!


And the pirate ship was a hit too (that was found in my parent's crawl space and fixed up a bit)



After breakfast, we surprised them with the playroom redo.  I think they really like it!
 

Later we went to Dan's brother's house for dinner.  Grandma and Grandpa Loveridge spoiled the kids with even more gifts!!


8 comments:

A.Pandina said...

Ah, sweet! I know you were worried about that dress-up-corner. It looks great! Glad you had a happy Christmas.

just jen said...

you went ALL OUT!

i love it!

can you come and decorate my play room now?

Bonnie said...

The playroom looks great! I love the mirror. Looks like the kids loved the snakes too:)

Jenni said...

Your play room looks awesome! I'm glad you had a nice Christmas!!

Nettie! said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas! The playroom looks great! My friend and also my cousin's son and his wife surprised their kids with a playroom this Christmas too - so neat! We've always had playrooms in each house since Audrey was a baby and we LOVE them!

GFP said...

OK, so I just checked with Crystal, and you're off the hook...matey! That pirate ship is exactly like one we have, and I thought maybe the kids left it at mom and dads, then you got it. but, crystal has confirmed that we still have ours. I'll save the request for you to walk the plank for another time, you've been warned!

chan said...

Amazing. Can you help me decorate my house. You are too funny- you don't need any help with decorating. I checked out your sewing room. I love it. THe fan- awesome. You are so talented.

Nancy said...

Enjoyed the pictures. Nice Woody and Wanda could come out.