"One more day all on my own....one more day with him not caring...what a life I might have known...but he never saw me there!!" Okay, so we just saw Les Miserables last night at Wolf Trap in Virginia and now I CAN'T STOP SINGING!! I have seen Les Mis twice before and knew that I loved it, but I didn't realize how much I LOVE THAT SHOW!!! It is definitely my favorite (with Wicked being a very close second). It is a sad story, but soo beautiful too! Dan and I had lawn seats and enjoyed sitting on our blanket and listening to the amazing singers. I seriously knew every word that was sung before they sing it...I just love that music! It was a great date!
I am never going to understand kids! They always through me for a loop! As I am typing this, Carson is taking a nap (at least I think he is). He has not taken a nap for quite a while now, although we are still trying to get him to. The thing that is so crazy about him taking a nap today is that I put him down late b/c I thought FOR SURE he wouldn't sleep anyway and we have to go pick up the babysitter a little after 4 anyway. So, the ONE day that we actually have to leave the house is the day that he decides to fall asleep...I just don't get it!! I need to get a babysitter so I can leave for work and Dan won't be home b/c now he is commuting far for his new job. So, instead of naps lately, we have called it "quiet time" and hoped that he would fall asleep, but he usually doesn't. He fights it more and more these days and so now I'm not sure if it is even worth it. What do all of you guys do with your 3 year olds who don't want to nap. I need some sort of break? Any ideas? Also, we are trying a new "happy jar" where we put m&m's in a jar if Carson does something good or take them out if he is bad. I'm just trying to have something visual to show how he behaves. Do any of you have any suggestions in this area?? Carson is a pretty good kid, but I don't like his little attitude that he is developing. We've actually had some pretty good days recently, so maybe there is hope. I'm looking forward to our co-op preschool that we are starting soon. I think it will give good structure to our days.
Here it is...our house!!! It's on the market! You can click on the link above for our "website" and then if you want you can look at the virtual tour tab with pics of the inside and fun music! After a couple weeks of serious cleaning/painting/moving stuff into storage, we have it in tip top shape and it went on the market last night...yippeee!! I feel like just getting it ready was a mini victory, but now we just need someone to buy it. Who knows how long this could take with the market the way it is, but maybe we'll get lucky. Now that this is all really happening, I want it to happen fast...you know what I mean? Plus, I'm not sure how long I can keep this house looking this good for people to see! Carson has been doing well with all this packing and cleaning. He's been a real sport watching hours of TV a day (okay, so that's not hard for him). He did make me laugh the other day though when he asked for a certain toy and I didn't know where it was, he said "did you pack it up?"....poor kid.
I've been having mixed emotions about this whole move. I am TOTALLY excited of the potential of buying a "real" house...you know, with a garage, a yard, and maybe even a sewing room (okay, not maybe...there is going to be one!) But, I honestly LOVE this little townhouse of ours. It has been just perfect for us. And let's not forget that it was the birthplace of our baby girl! I got a little sentimental (which I'm usually not at all) when I realized that. I'm also excited to meet new people, new neighbors, new ward, new friends...that's all very exciting and I've always enjoyed meeting new people. But, then there is the sad part. I absolutely LOVE this ward we are in now!!! It is BY FAR the best ward I've ever been in. The friendships we have made here are AWESOME!! We hang out with friends all the time. The husbands like to hang out together, the ladies do stuff together all the time, we travel, we let the kids play, we have parties...it's just the best!! Luckily we are not moving far, so I can still see my friends sometimes, but I'm sad that we won't see them regularly. I'm also sad that Carson is leaving some of his favorite little friends (you know who you are :) , but he has more friends where he is going too. Anywho, I guess you can tell that I'm torn. I think most people feel this way when they move, but I just thought I would share. We are soo excited for this new adventure, but we will miss good ol' Laurel, Maryland!
I say it EVERY time...I can't believe Bryn is already 11 months!!! Time is really flying by!! She is a speedy little crawling and standing up to everything. She cruises around a bit and loves to be entertained by her brother. She has also started to say a few little "words". She can say "uh-oh", "mama", and "dada". I'm not sure she knows when to use them, but sometimes it seams like she does. She is a fun, spunky little girl and we love her!!!
Before we left on our trip to NY a few weeks ago, Dan got a job offer for a job doing IT stuff. I don't really know all the details, but after talking/praying about it, we really thought that it was something we couldn't turn down. So, he quit his gov't job of learning Arabic and started this week learning computer stuff. He has always loved computers, but doesn't have any official training. This job will hopefully provide some training. Two of our friends work at the same company (one of them hooked Dan up with this job) and they both really like it. So, we really hope that Dan likes it too and that this works out. The job is in Reston, Virginia....so we'll be moving!! Dan can commute till then, but it's a really long commute, so we hope to move soon. The housing market is really slow right now, but we're getting our house ready to put on the market next weekend. I've been waking up with Dan at 5am and cleaning all day long. We've put stuff in storage, cleaned things I've never cleaned before, painting, carpets cleaned, etc! We are so sad to leave our area and ward and all of our friends, but excited at the thought of getting a real house. Maybe it will even have a backyard and a garage (and a sewing room of course!). So, with all this boxing things up, Carson has had a great time making "forts" or "cages" as he calls them. He also wanted to stand on the counter tops like mom was to clean the cabinets. Anyway, hopefully this selling/buying a house won't be a super hard ordeal. Wish us luck!!
I just got back from being the nurse at our church's stake TREK. TREK is where the youth 14-18 dress up like pioneers and pull handcarts and do pioneer-y things for 4 days. Luckily for me, there were no serious illnesses or injuries. Some nausea, headaches, ankle sprains, cuts, lots of blisters, etc. Here is my TREK experience in numbers:
-40 youth dressed like pioneers -4 handcarts -1 day of nothing but walking and pulling handcarts -12+ hours of walking with handcarts, LOTS of that being uphill -1 stream to cross -1 leg run over by the handcart -1 kid run over by the handcart -1 women's pull -4 days of really nice weather (besides a little rain) -2 rainstorms -2 salamanders seen -1 deer skull -2 bats -2534 bugs seen -1 time peeing in the woods -2 portapotties -50 sleeping bags under the stars -1 bread TOTALLY burnt -1 hole burnt in 1 ma's skirt -1 handcart canvas ripped and unusable -5 campfires roaring -1 really funny, yet spiritual testimony meeting -1 hoe-down -4 chickens killed -4 pots of nasty corn-mush for breakfast -4 fires trying to cook leftover corn-mush patties for lunch -40 starving youth -1 really neat sacrament meeting -15+ dedicated adult leaders -50+ people who REEKED by the end of the 4 days -1 YW leader who did not want to go, glad that she did go, but never wants to go again :)
I've been tagged by Alison! Here's all the information you ever wanted to know about DAN:
1. What is your husband's name? Daniel Scott Loveridge
2. How long have you guys been together? We met in September '02
3. How long did you date? We dated for 3 months, engaged for 3 months, and now married for 5 years!
4. Who eats more? We both really enjoy eating, but I'm sure I do b/c I'm home all day!
5. Who said "I love you" first? I'm pretty sure Dan did, I think we were kinda talking about it and I might have told him I feel that way and he said it out loud...I think...why can't I remember these things!
6. Who is taller? Dan the man is taller
7. Who sings better? It depends on what you're talking about...Maybe I sing church songs better but Dan definitely rocks out when we play RockBand.
8. Who is smarter? Again, I guess it just depends on what you're talking about. I'm sure I know some things more than Dan, but overall he's probably the brainiac in the family.
9. Who does the laundry? We both do! Dan is always good at doing whatever needs to get done. We both struggle with getting the laundry folded and put away though.
10. Who does the dishes? Again, we both do it probably equally.
11. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Dan
12. Who pays the bills? Danny boy
13. Who mows the lawn? Lawn? We have a lawn?
14. Who cooks dinner? I wish I was a perfect housewife, but again this is probably equal.
15. Who is more stubborn? hmmm, we both can be at times.
16. Who kissed who first? Dan kissed me first. We had been friends for a few months and I was over at his apartment one night talking. After a lull in the conversation, I said "What should we do now?", to which Dan replied "I can think of something we can do"...and he kissed me! What was my reaction? I laughed :)
17. Who asked who out first? I asked Dan out first...but it was to go on a date with my roommate. As far as WE go, it started with a kiss and then we were just an "item" ever since. I guess technically Dan asked me out a few days later.
18. Who proposed? Dan did. I knew it was coming so I was analyzing his every move. He actually caught me off guard when we were walking to a friend's house for dinner. We were already running late when he said he wanted to go "make out" under a bridge. We went under the bridge (or little overpass thing...which smelled like pee) and he got down on one knee and proposed. My response...."Shut up!!! Let me see the ring...I mean, YES!!!"
19. Who is more sensitive? I guess that's me. Although Dan does say that one of the reasons he married me was b/c I was a typical sensitive/emotional girl. I've become much more emotional since having kids.
20. Who has more friends? that's probably a tie. Everyone loves Dan, but I'm pretty cool, if I do say so myself :)
21. Who has more siblings? Dan - he has 4, I have 3.
22. Who wears the pants in the family? hmmmm....we both do.