Saturday, August 23, 2008

House for SALE!!!!

http://www.postlets.com/rem/1088422

Here it is...our house!!! It's on the market! You can click on the link above for our "website" and then if you want you can look at the virtual tour tab with pics of the inside and fun music! After a couple weeks of serious cleaning/painting/moving stuff into storage, we have it in tip top shape and it went on the market last night...yippeee!! I feel like just getting it ready was a mini victory, but now we just need someone to buy it. Who knows how long this could take with the market the way it is, but maybe we'll get lucky. Now that this is all really happening, I want it to happen fast...you know what I mean? Plus, I'm not sure how long I can keep this house looking this good for people to see! Carson has been doing well with all this packing and cleaning. He's been a real sport watching hours of TV a day (okay, so that's not hard for him). He did make me laugh the other day though when he asked for a certain toy and I didn't know where it was, he said "did you pack it up?"....poor kid.

I've been having mixed emotions about this whole move. I am TOTALLY excited of the potential of buying a "real" house...you know, with a garage, a yard, and maybe even a sewing room (okay, not maybe...there is going to be one!) But, I honestly LOVE this little townhouse of ours. It has been just perfect for us. And let's not forget that it was the birthplace of our baby girl! I got a little sentimental (which I'm usually not at all) when I realized that. I'm also excited to meet new people, new neighbors, new ward, new friends...that's all very exciting and I've always enjoyed meeting new people. But, then there is the sad part. I absolutely LOVE this ward we are in now!!! It is BY FAR the best ward I've ever been in. The friendships we have made here are AWESOME!! We hang out with friends all the time. The husbands like to hang out together, the ladies do stuff together all the time, we travel, we let the kids play, we have parties...it's just the best!! Luckily we are not moving far, so I can still see my friends sometimes, but I'm sad that we won't see them regularly. I'm also sad that Carson is leaving some of his favorite little friends (you know who you are :) , but he has more friends where he is going too. Anywho, I guess you can tell that I'm torn. I think most people feel this way when they move, but I just thought I would share. We are soo excited for this new adventure, but we will miss good ol' Laurel, Maryland!

14 comments:

GFP said...

No pictures....well...how about $100, sight unseen? Deal?

Lynette said...

there are pictures..you have to click the link. I'll give you $100 off the original price? Deal?

Bonnie said...

Looks great! I hope you sell soon and I am excited you are moving a little closer. Reston is about 45 minutes to an hour from where I am at. Keep in touch:)

Jenni said...

I totally understand the mixed emotions of moving!! It's a hard adjustment, but sounds like it's going to be a great opprotunity for you and your family!! Best wishes for a quick sale!! Your house looks beautiful!!

The Mann Family said...

Your town home is really cute! You prepared it for the market well! I can't wait to live in a real house! I bet it's hard to leave, but just think of all the fun adventures ahead of you!

The Pugs said...

We felt all the same emotions when we moved too. Its rough, but exciting. We obviously wish you the best and a speedy house sell! (There is another one on our street that just went on the market this weekend!!)

GFP said...

Oh, there was a link. Computers are so confusing. Send me fishing!

Crystal said...

i'm excited for you guys, and i'll admit it, a little bit jealous! i would love to be moving and starting some place new! great job on the house! every time i've moved i've not wanted to leave since it was finally clean! good luck selling.

the design boss said...

you make me so sad!! Enough said.

Doulabug said...

How in the world did you get the house to look so prisitne?? With two little kids besides! Good luck with everything. I love reading about your famiy!

The Pugs said...

Okay, so I just took a look at your pictures. WOW!!! The house looks GREAT!!! I can't imagine how hard you have been working. *Gold Star*

Nettie! said...

I am totally there with you right now with the "torn" feeling. But I know you'll end up just where you should be and it'll be great! Good Luck with everything.

BTW - Your kids are growing up so fast. They are both so beautiful!!!

Arnold said...

Lynette, I just found you blog. You're doing a nice job with it AND your beautiful kids. If you don't mind, I'm going to put a link to your blog from my blog. Easier to catch the news from your cousins.

Arnold

Elise said...

What's funny is that I would consider your townhome a "real house." A deck! A yard! A private entrance!

Good luck selling it. It's beautiful.