Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dan's New Job!

Before we left on our trip to NY a few weeks ago, Dan got a job offer for a job doing IT stuff. I don't really know all the details, but after talking/praying about it, we really thought that it was something we couldn't turn down. So, he quit his gov't job of learning Arabic and started this week learning computer stuff. He has always loved computers, but doesn't have any official training. This job will hopefully provide some training. Two of our friends work at the same company (one of them hooked Dan up with this job) and they both really like it. So, we really hope that Dan likes it too and that this works out. The job is in Reston, Virginia....so we'll be moving!! Dan can commute till then, but it's a really long commute, so we hope to move soon. The housing market is really slow right now, but we're getting our house ready to put on the market next weekend. I've been waking up with Dan at 5am and cleaning all day long. We've put stuff in storage, cleaned things I've never cleaned before, painting, carpets cleaned, etc! We are so sad to leave our area and ward and all of our friends, but excited at the thought of getting a real house. Maybe it will even have a backyard and a garage (and a sewing room of course!). So, with all this boxing things up, Carson has had a great time making "forts" or "cages" as he calls them. He also wanted to stand on the counter tops like mom was to clean the cabinets. Anyway, hopefully this selling/buying a house won't be a super hard ordeal. Wish us luck!!


12 comments:

Debbie said...

oh my goodness!!! did you know we are doing the exact same thing? the only good thing about moving is getting rid of things:) i just wish i could "blink" and be there. good luck with your adventures, i'll be thinking about you while i pack and clean:)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting. We just did the same thing -put our home on the market, packed, and moved. It IS a job. Is such a small detail, but I think one of things that helped sell our house super fast were the cookies and bottle water I left out for the potential buyers -plus the fact that I cleaned the entire from top to bottom with a toothbrush. I wish I could be ther to help you. Keep us posted.

Jenni said...

Good luck Lynette!! We sold our townhouse in 5 days and I will be praying that you guys have a similar result! That commute wouldn't be fun! I also hope you guys find a lovely lovely house in Virginia!! You deserve a spectacular sewing room!:)

Jolynn said...

Congratulations!! I can't believe that you are leaving Laurel too! It is a great place to get your foot in the door and then more on to bigger and better things. Good luck with selling your townhouse and buying a new house! Keep us posted so we can come and see your new house!

Mary said...

Yay Dan!

...sniff...sniff...

Moonsahra said...

Wow! That is exciting. Good luck with all the preparation!

The Wehrmeister's said...

That is exciting! I hate moving almost as much as I hate potty training. Good luck on selling it!

Lyndsay Detro said...

Lynette, that is really exciting!!! Good luck with the move and everything. I can't wait to hear all about your new town, home, job, etc.!!!

Doulabug said...

Good luck with your move and all that goes with it! Exciting and sad at the same time...

gwyn said...

I have a baby and suddenly big things happen! I had no idea you were moving! Even though I have already moved away from good old Laurel myself, I'm still sad at the thought of you moving. If the job could only have been in Oregon... :) Congrats to Dan - that is just wonderful. I hope the new job is great. Best of luck with the move!

Elise said...

What big news! Congrats on the job and good luck with the move. I dream of one day getting a "real house" too. I hope that your townhouse sells quickly!

Weir Family said...

Oh my goodness, congratulation!! That is so exciting, but scary at the same time! Good luck with the house, I'm sure if you feel good about it, it will all work out in the end.