Monday, July 27, 2009

Where do I live??

This past week there was a fox in our neighborhood as well as the animal in the picture above (click on the picture to see it better). Okay, so the second one wasn't actually IN our neighborhood, but right outside on a foresty road. It was spotted by someone in the neighborhood on their way home. It was seen less than a 1/4 mile from our house and somewhere we have walked SEVERAL times...and super close to the elementary school! I love wildlife and all, but this is a little TOO wild for my taste....in case you can't tell from the picture, it's a BEAR!!!!

On a happier note, the neighborhood pool opened this weekend...yeah! It's brand new and we're super excited to test it out...maybe tonight! But, we'll make sure to keep our eye out for bears!

7 comments:

Melanni said...

Yikes! I hope I never see one of those in my backyard...

Mary said...

Wowee! A real bear! I can't believe one would be so far into civilization. Poor thing. Have they caught it yet?

GFP said...

Cool. We've seen a fox and a coyote this year just houses down from us. There was a bear about a month ago about a mile from us...and Mary...they caught it and it died. Poor bear. let them roam, they'll leave soon enough.

Or, kill 'em, eat 'em, and tie flies out of them!!

Ken said...

I say leave the bear alone. Especially if you find it in the kiddie pool.

PS - I don't think this is as much of the bear being close to "civilization" as civilization getting that close to da bears.

Jenni said...

Scary! I love bears (hence the name of my blog) but not up close!!

Ken said...

You'll have to wear a bear bell when you go out on your evening strolls!

gwyn said...

Don't leave out your pic-a-nic baskets!