Saturday, September 12, 2009

29 and holding!!!!

I had the best birthday this year!!! I'm not actually 29...but I'm 29 and HOLDING!!! That's what my grandpa use to always say. Okay, I actually turned the big 3-0 (shhh, don't tell anybody!). Dan planned everything out for my birthday and it was fabulous! He actually arranged to take the day before off so I could go shopping all day without kids, but I decided he should work and I'd go on my birthday instead. So, I headed off shopping the morning of my birthday and was suppose to find something to wear on Sundays. It was nice shopping without kids but I HATE shopping for dresses...and NO, I did not find anything!!! But then I met up with Ashley for lunch and pampering. Dan had already arranged everything for me and her to get mini-facials, pedicures, and manicures at a spa. Pampering and paying money for spa stuff is SO NOT LIKE ME....and I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!! The mini-facial was especially pampering and I had to secretly laugh inside every time she slimmed my face with whatever that stuff was, or spritzed me with whatever, or flick my face to check the elasticity of my skin....seriously, if felt really good! Then Dan met us at the mall with the kids. Ashley took the kiddos home and put them to bed and Dan and I went out to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory...yum!!! It was such a fun birthday! Not to mention some fun presents...like a GPS!! Thanks everyone for all the birthday wishes and thanks Dan for an awesome 30th birthday!!!

3 comments:

just jen said...

happy birthday, lady!

and we will go shopping for dresses...i LOVE dresses!

Sara said...

Happy birthday! Oh, I would love to be pampered at a spa. That is one fabulous birthday present!

A.Pandina said...

aahhh, so glad your 30th was way better than mine! Here's to you (imagine me holding up a glass) birthday girl :)