Tuesday, October 27, 2009

should I??

Tonight we went to a party at one of Dan's old co-workers houses. While we were there, I needed to go potty (there is a point to this). Of course, both kiddos wanted to go to the potty with me too...hey why not? I'm use to going potty with two little kids hanging out with me, right? Once I was done...Carson needed to go. So, he went. Once he was done, Brynlee wanted to go. So, she went. Yep...you read that right....Brynlee went pee-pee on the potty for the FIRST time tonight...what a big girl!!! She was so proud of herself and kept saying "I diddit". She has been pretending to go potty for a couple months now, but this is the first time anything actually happened. So, I guess you could say she is interested. Do I really want to start potty training her now? She's just a couple months younger than Carson was when I started him....but I'm not sure I'm ready to potty train...it's such a pain! Although, maybe she'll be easier. I don't know! Should I try?

9 comments:

Crystal said...

I've heard girls are easier than boys to potty train. Brooke was about the same as my other boys though. I'd say go with her excitement, but if it starts to disappear than don't stress. Tyler has been using the potty for a couple days and did his first poop last night. yeah! I decided that everytime he goes down to bed or gets up I'll put him on and then when I change him. I also told him to tell me if he has to go and we'll go then. Other than that I'm not stressing. In my experience kids do so much better after they are 3. He'll be 3 in Jan so we'll see how this goes.

Wendi said...

I'm in the same boat-Landon is showing great signs and has done both on the potty, but I am just not looking forward to the work and having to stay home. I keep telling myself the longer I wait, the easier it will be.

Ro said...

wow, thats awesome!! go bryn! nate likes to sit on the potty too, but no luck yet!

Jolynn said...

I vote to go with it. The best time to potty train is when your child is excited about it. And think of all the money you will save if you don't have to buy diapers.

janeen said...

Go for it! Kaitlin did the same thing and we decided to give it a shot and it took 2 days. She wasn't even 2 yet and she never has accidents. Now if I could get Rylee to use the potty it will be a miracle.

Lyndsay Detro said...

I'd say do it. I waited with Madison when she was first showing signs of wanting to use the potty b/c I was pregnant and really didn't feel like messing with it. When I decided I was ready she had changed her mind. I'd say go with her schedule not yours. That's what I learned. =)

ckcclan said...

I am going through the exact some dilemma. Kaylie "pretends" to go all the time. But I just am not looking forward to starting the whole process. But I keep telling myself that I should just do it now before I miss the window when she actually wants to do it.

Mary said...

Do it! Being diaper-free would be awesome!

I just can't get over Bryn being that old. Weren't we just starting to potty train Lindsey and Carson?

GFP said...

Frick, i wish i could potty train myself! these diapers give me a terrible rash!