Sunday, October 10, 2010

I've waited for this day for 3 years

Ever since I found out I was having a baby girl, I dreamed of hairbows, pretty dresses, and....dance classes!!!  I took dance for 10 years growing up and loved it!  I couldn't wait for my baby girl to be old enough to take a little dance class.  Well, that day came last week when Brynlee went to her first ever ballet class.  I got her all dressed in her pink leotard, white tights, and pink ballet shoes and off we went to Spotlight Dance Studio.  She has been pretending to be a ballerina a lot lately, so I was hopeful that she would love dance class.  The second she put on her leotard, she started spinning and twirling around.  When we got to the studio, she was so excited to start class.  It was a rather large class of little 2-4 year old girls, all looking absolutely adorable in there little ballet outfits.  Brynlee has two friends from church in her class too...Grace and Natalie.  Miss Lisa, her teacher, is super nice, but also structured.  She also has a teenage helper.  Brynlee loved the class!!!  She followed directions fairly well and only had a slight problem of talking too much (which Miss Lisa kindly tried to correct).  Brynlee even yelled over to me in the middle of class "mom...I'm having fun!".  I was beaming the whole time watching her!  It was seriously the cutest thing I have EVER seen!  I hope she continues to love it as much as she did the first day!  We may have a future ballerina!










  
  Ballet must have really worn her out because this is what happened to her a few hours later!  We have really got to fix her sleeping schedule!

8 comments:

A.Pandina said...

That.is.too.cute! She really looks like a mini-you in those pictures. Have fun! I can't wait to start Samantha in dance.

Robyn said...

i recognize miss lisa! natalie and lauren both took that same dance class when they were as little as brynlee! it's adorable!

Brooke said...

LOVE the pictures. Brynlee is the cutest!

Elise said...

This is Janet (not Elise) coming to you from NYC!

I wish I could be at that dance class watching the little ballerinas! Brynlee looks so cute and so excited to learn how to dance! I love it!

Roxie said...

So cute!!! I am glad she had so much fun!!

Amy said...

Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy baby. A book that made our lives sooo much better and our kids so much happier (and less tired).

Jolynn said...

So Cute!! Glad she had so much fun.

Weir Family said...

She is too cute, and how much fun having a girl to take dance!