Monday, May 2, 2011

Little Momma

Brynlee is a great little momma.  She is so good with Lincoln and loves helping take care of him.  I wasn't really sure how she would react to a baby around the house, but I'm happy to say that she is doing great!  She really just enjoys Lincoln and loves playing with him.  It helps that he is a happy baby and responds to her attention with ear to ear smiles.  Brynlee is a natural in the mommy-ing department, just take a look:


Brynlee really believes that she is old and "big" and can do what she wants.  She is a very independent little lady on a mission!  She recently gave me a good scare though.  Earlier this week we were hanging out at home and I told her she could go downstairs and out the backdoor to jump on the trampoline.  I went down stairs first and waited for her to follow me.  After a few minutes went by and she hadn't come down, I went upstairs to see what she was up to.  I couldn't find her anywhere.  I searched the house, then went out the garage door.  The big garage door was open and her bike was gone.  I looked at the pipestem next to our house to see if she was riding her bike and she wasn't there.  So, I went back inside and looked out the window to the backyard and she wasn't there either.  I started to get a bit panicky.  I started yelling her name and still couldn't find her anywhere.  I really thought she had been kidnapped or something.  I was starting to think I should call Dan or maybe even 911.  Really, only a few minutes went by before I saw her walking up from the side of our house, with her bike.  I grabbed her and told her she scared me to death and took her inside and I started crying.  So did she.  I held her for a long time, crying the whole time.  I've lossed her for a few seconds before, but this time I really thought she was gone!  So many sad thoughts went through my head about living my life without my little girl.  I cant' even imagine.  I might give her a lot of grief about what a spunky, sassy, little girl she is, but secretly I love her sass and confidence.  I can't imagine life without her!

Earlier this week, I tried to do a little photo shoot with Brynlee.  I'm having fun trying to get some cute pictures of the kids.  I just need to get some pictures of Carson now...that's a little harder since he's at school all day!
  Here are the best shots we got:

















And here are a few funny outtakes!



2 comments:

Lyndsay Detro said...

Oh my goodness! Those pictures of Brynlee are gorgeous!! What a great photo shoot!!

Tiffany said...

What a beautiful little girl!