Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ketchup....I mean, Catch Up!!

Okay, I need to play catch up from the last few weeks. We've now been in our new house for a month!!! We are LOVING it here and can't wait for the the day we can sit back and enjoy our house more. We've been working SOOOO hard on finishing our basement and getting the house all put together. Every spare minute we get is devoted to the basement (which is just about done...yeah!!). We've also had both of our parents come and we've loved spending time with them and showing off our new home :) So, here's what we've been up to the last few weeks:


-THE BASEMENT!!! I tell you, I can't wait to say that this is ALL done....every spare minute is devoted to the basement. Here is what is looked like when we moved in:

And here it is during the finishing process:
And here is a sneak peak of it almost done...I'll show you are "real" picture soon.
-We've also done TONS of painting!!! I mean TONS!!!! The whole house was white when we moved in and we've painted most of the main level, foyer, and upstairs hallway a tan color, the living room/dining room a SHREK green, the half bath the same green, my sewing room and Glowstick green, and we've also primed and painted the entire basement! I tell you, if I never see a paintbrush or roller again it will be too soon!
-Dan's been doing lots of home improvements, including a bunch of electrical work and installing 4 ceiling fans...he's a great handy man!
Here's a view of our family room/kitchen area before we moved all our stuff in.
Here's the only picture we have up. Dan put it up right away so it would feel more "homey".
The "swamp" with our Shrek green walls....i have some fun plans for this room.
-My parents came to visit for almost 2 weeks. My dad had a lot of business during that time, so my mom and I got to hang out a ton. It was sooo nice having her here to talk to and help with the kiddos...thanks mom and dad for coming! While they were here, my mom, mother-in-law and I went and got manicures. We felt like queens and had a fabulous time!
-Here are the kiddos with their cousins at the mall.
-Carson and Brynlee LOVED gma and gpa Loveridge. We had sooo much fun with them while they were here, we can't wait to see you guys in July!
-This giant dinosaur, I mean turtle, was seen in our neighborhood and then later in our own backyard! It was a tleast a foot or so long and we think it was a snapping turtle, so I did my best to keep crazy Brynlee away from it.
-The summer has started and we're enjoying the weather. The kids love playing in the sprinkler!
Carson in action!
-On May 30th, we went to Dan's company picnic. They had this cool bounce house, ponies to ride on, an adult ropes obstacle thingie, and lots of great food. We had a great time talking to friends and enjoying the activities.

I haven't had to much time to do many crafts or sewing, but here is something I made for my sewing room. Isn't it the "coolest" fan ever? Of course I didn't actually make the fan, I just mod podged this cute scrapbook paper to it...i love it!
And here is a sneak peak of my sewing room...this is sooo my favorite room in the house!!
To see other projects I've been working on, check out my crafty blog at http://getyourcrafton.blogspot.com

7 comments:

just jen said...

a turtle in your backyard?

that is CRAZY!

A.Pandina said...

You just made my day! Like I told you, I've been waiting on pins and needles to see your house. So, to keep me happy and keep us "favorite friends" as you put it...POST MORE PICTURES!

I'm glad that your kids have a backyard now...believe it or not it brings a tear to my eye to see them running in the sprinkler :) I'm a dork, I know!

Nettie! said...

I know what you mean about never wanting to see a paint brush or roller again! (And about putting every spare mintue into your house - we're doing the same thing right now with unpacking, touching up paint, installing and building things and getting ready for a garage sale!)

Your sneak peak of the house looks great!!!

I love the picture of you and your family by the tree!!

Ken said...

Finally!

Great pictures of a neat looking house! And the snapping turtle's the best part about the whole deal. I mean who ever gets one of those thrown in with a new house??

(BTW, I've seen, like, 6 big water snakes behind our place since last night, one of them with three smaller males draped around her lookin' interested in some love. Thought I'd share...)

The Mann Family said...

Your house is looking great! It looks like you guys have definitely been busy...but it's paying off! I can't wait to see more pictures of the final product!

Elise said...

The house looks amazing! I am seriously impressed. I can't seem to get anything done with my two little ones and here you go and paint a house and finish a basement. Good work!

Janet said...

Wow! I'm impressed by all that you've already done to the house--and you just moved in! Your green walls are really fun! It looks like you're going to end up with an amazing house that you're really going to love. Keep the pictures coming! It's so fun to see what you've done!