Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Handy Danny!

Dan has been working super hard on our basement bathroom for the last month.  We saved money by not finishing it when we finished the rest of the basement.  But, Dan was ready to take it on and he did an AMAZING job!!  With a little help from his dad while they were here for Christmas, he was able to do the whole thing by himself.  We did it "on the cheap", but I don't think it looks cheap at all!  The flooring is sticky backed vinyl squares, the vanity was half off b/c of damage (which i don't even notice), and we took the cheap route for almost everything else too.  Dan also got a water efficient toilet, which I still think is a little weird.  I'm getting use to it now, but it took a while to get use to pushing a button on top, instead of on the side.  Anyway, I'm extremely pleased with how it turned out!!  Great job Dan...you're the best!!!  

The before picture was before the rest of the basement was finished.


19 comments:

Lyndsay Detro said...

Wow! The bathroom looks amazing! I love the color on the walls, too. And the toilet cracks me up. Do you really push a different side depending on which number you go?

A.Pandina said...

Holy macaroni! That looks awesome, great work Dan. Yeah those toilets are weird, they have them at Bally's and it takes getting used to.

Jenni said...

It looks great! I love the paint color! What color is it? Awesome job!

Ro said...

wow, it looks amazing!!! great job dan! cant wait to come see it!

GFP said...

I'm sure you were joking when you said "manly magazines"...because, anything that has "Michael Jackson" on the cover isn't really "manly".

Someday I hope to pee in that toilet.

Bonnie said...

It looks awesome!

Wendi said...

beautiful colors! love it. I need to come visit and see your cool house sometime!

Cam said...

Wow. I need to marry a handy man. Unfortunately I have determined that they do not exist over here in the singles ward. :( Your bathroom lookd great! Dan should be so proud.

Ken said...

I like the 2-speed toilet! I've heard about those, but I thought they were only in development. Who knew they'd already hit the showroom floor!

Nettie! said...

It looks great! The toilet is cracking me up! :)

Gina said...

Your bathroom is SWEET! Yeah for brown bathrooms!
Okay- the mickey mouse post CRACKED me up. Your kids are sheer genious!

Roxie said...

Wow, that is SERIOUSLY impressive! Way to go, Dan!!

Jolynn said...

Isn't it great to have a handy husband? It looks great!!

Sarah said...

Nice work Dan. Your new bathroom looks great. Oh and I first saw those toilets in Austraila, I think they're pretty ingenious really.

Sara said...

Beautiful job!!!

Weir Family said...

Looks great!!! Good work, isn't fun to see your good work!

Leslie Green said...

I have been a satisfied customer of the 2-speed toilet over the last year. It's very common in Europe. Who knew you had such a global perspective in your designing?

ckcclan said...

Totally amazing! It is beautiful!

Janet said...

Dan did a great job! It looks very, very nice!