Friday, April 2, 2010

Okay, I totally want a new camera. aka Picture Overload

For the last several months I've been trying to decide if I want a "real" camera.  You know, not just a point and shoot camera, but an SLR (whatever that stands for).  I've never aspired to be a photographer, we already have an awesome one in the family (hi Dad!).  But, my kids are cute and I like to make stuff and I would like cute pictures.  I totally get jealous of other peoples pictures where their children's eyes are just sparkling and the kids look so real like I could pinch their cheeks through the picture.  Anywho, I've talked to my dad a lot about cameras and I've talked to good friends about it too, but I just couldn't decide if I really wanted one (enough to pay several hundred dollars, you know?).  So, where am I going with all this rambling?  It comes down to this.  My good friend Jen, who takes awesome photos, let me borrow her old camera to see what I thought.  I have NO idea how to use it and have left it on the automatic setting the whole time....and I LOVE IT!!!  The pictures are definitely better than anything I could take on my little camera.  And you can take picture after picture with no delay...i love that!  So, I'm hooked.  I love it.  I want one.  Just look at these cute pictures I took with Jen's camera.  And remember...I have NO idea what I'm doing, nor was I really even trying to take a cute picture.  Just think what they could look like if I actually KNEW something.  So, Dan, if you're reading this.  I want a camera.  Mother's Day is coming soon :)

12 comments:

just jen said...

so you totally need to get one...

asap...

Kristine said...

love your pictures.

i love my dslr. I tried to buy a point and shoot to take with me when I didn't want to lug around my big camera and I just couldn't go back.

can't wait to see what one you buy and to see more pictures of your cuties!

Kristen said...

Wow, what a difference. Those are great pictures, you are making me rethink about getting a better one...

Wendi said...

Do it!! Just be careful-it's addicting-and a very expensive hobby. But I LOVE my camera and have a hard time using a point and shoot now. Go Canon Rebel-I love it!!

Wendi said...

ps. you can get great deal on ebay it you're patient! Nothing wrong with used or factory refurbished.

A.Pandina said...

Wow, those are great! What is SLR? Why is this camera better? I don't know but next time I need a new one, I'll do some homework. I agree about ebay...or craigslist. Also check out nextag or buydig.

Bonnie said...

Lynette, I hope you don't mind me piggibacking on Annette's friends blogs, but some of those photos of Brynlee look so much like you it's scary. Love, Sis. Anderson

Cam said...

(D)SLR - (Digital) Single Lens Reflex
It has to do with the mirrors reaction in the body of the lens. :) I am so jealous of all my friends with the DSLR.

Brooke said...

I always keep mine on auto--I'm too busy to learn any new tricks these days. A nice camera is totally worth the splurge. Great pictures, Lynette!

Julie said...

I've always liked your pictures and I'm jealous of the ones you take even with your old camera. I would love a new camera too without a photo delay. They do look a lot more crisp and clear. Your children are so adorable too!

Crystal said...

Brynlee looks so huge in these pictures! Tell her to stop growing up so fast!

Janet said...

Go for it! You need the best pictures possible of your very cute kids!