Friday, February 18, 2011

stuff...

A week or so ago, we took the kids to Home Depot to make their free craft.  The kids love making crafts, especially Carson.  They had a great time making their little heart shelf.  We'll have to go back again!





The other day before Brynlee had woken up in the morning and come found me downstairs, I heard the fridge door opening then slamming closed.  A few minutes later she came down to find me with a bottle of maraschino cherries and a spoon...funny girl!



We were playing UNO recently and teaching the kids the rules.  They were finally getting the hang of it and understood that when they only had one card left, they had to say "Uno".  Carson, being the funny guy he is found himself with two cards left and said "TWO-NO!"
When it is my turn to say the prayer at family prayer, I always stick in little things that we've been working on with the kids, like "please help us be nice to our family" or "please help us share with our friends".  I've been doing this for years in hopes that my kids will absorb some of the life lessons we are working on.  Well, Carson finally figured it out when last night after I said the prayer he said "why do you always say things in the prayer that I don't do?"

We've enjoyed some AWESOME weather for mid February around here.  Tomorrow is suppose to be in the 70's...amazing!!!  We had a great time playing with friends outside.  Even Lincoln loved getting out for a while.
This was totally different weather from a few weeks ago when the kids were sliding down the hill by the side of our house.






And we're still loving our little baby....and his crazy sister.
  Seriously though, the kids love him!!  They haven't acted jealous or anything....they just love holding him and making him happy!  Carson is pretty proud of his skills to calm the baby down...which usually always work!  And Brynlee just loves helping out with him...so sweet!  This is what she did the last time I pulled out the camera...what a goofball!




1 comment:

The Hall Clan said...

Hi Lynette, it's Dan's cousin Kami here. I read your blog all the time--darling kiddos, I just don't comment much,,,well the prayer one put me over the edge. These kids are too smart for their own good.

Glad your transition with #3 is going well. My #3 just turned one this week and she has just been a joy. I love having the other 2 to help out. She has started showing a little more attitude this week--happy birthday present to me-i guess.
Check my fam out chadandkami.blogspot