Sunday, December 9, 2012

All Grown Up!

We have been doing a few changes around our house and I LOVE IT!!!  I feel like our house is getting a little fancier and that I'm finally all grown up!  There are still more things that I'd like to do (once you get started, you can't stop!), but I'm sooo happy with what it looks like now.  We started off by getting new floors on half of the main level.  We put in new floors from the front door, in through the high traffic areas, and in to the kitchen.  The old nasty carpet and linoleum are gone...yeah!

Where the refrigerator was, but we had to move it to get the new floors.  There has been a huge tear in the linoleum there since we bought the house...now it's gone! 
 The old floors
 We ended up moving the line over from where the kitchen meets the carpet.  We now have about a foot more of kitchen and it is great to fit our new bigger table!
 The old entryway and nasty carpet.  
 The old hardwood
 The nasty carpet going into the living room
 The NEW FLOORS!!!  LOVE THEM!!!
 I had BUNCO at my house last week...just in time to show off my "new" house!
 Wrapping paper placemats and evergreen napkin holders
 Looking into the kitchen



 A new board.  Next I need to get a new kitchen curtain and cabinet knobs.
  Our next big project was the entryway.  I really wanted to do some board and batten, and the entryway seemed like the perfect place for it.  Dan was SOO nice do it all in one Saturday and he did an AWESOME job!!!  I absolutely LOVE how this turned out and I think it really changed the feel of our house.   Thanks Dan...you're the best!!!
 I've had this old window in my garage for a couple years now and it finally has a place inside our home now.  I love the look of an old window on the wall with a wreath.  
 Here's the entryway.  LOVE IT!

 A look from above
 A collection of pictures

 The pretty board and batten
Not that I hated my house before.  But I feel like these changes make it look so much better!  Now on to the next project!!

3 comments:

Jolynn said...

Love it! I have projects like that that I want done to my house.

Bonnie said...

Looks amazing! You have great taste in furniture:)

Lyndsay Detro said...

Wow!! Everything looks so amazing. And I love, love, LOVE your new entryway. It looks SO good!! What a fun change!