Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Symbol of Our Love

Way back when I was engaged, one of my roommates at the time gave me a tiny little plant, with just a couple little leaves, as a gift for my bridal shower.  At the time I thought it was kind of a weird bridal shower gift..okay, I still think it's a weird bridal shower gift.  Anyways, This plant started to grow...and grow...and grow.  I have never really cared for this plant and always tease about throwing it away.   Dan always defends the plant and says that since it was given to me at my bridal shower it is the "Symbol of Our Love".  Seriously, this is the plants name now!  So, The Symbol of Our Love just keeps growing, and growing, and growing.  I don't think I have EVER watered the thing, so apparently Dan is taking care of The Symbol of Our Love.  He is determined to keep it alive, which doesn't seem all that hard to do.  The other day he wanted to prune it a little and take out the dead leaves.  He took this thing down from on top of our cabinets and it was a big pile of tangled vines and leaves.  We were able to separate one of the vines and spread it out to measure it.  It was FORTY feet long!!!  That's a lot of LOVE!!!  So, no matter how hard I try to get rid of this thing, our love just keeps on growing and growing!  I love you Dan!!!



No comments: