Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Team Claire-Bear

GO Team Claire-Bear!!!! As most of you already know, my sister's daughter Claire is very sick. She is only one but has been in and out of the hospital numerous times during her first year of life. She was diagnosed with a severe and rare form of infant spasms/epilepsy. She is deaf and blind and has several, even hundreds of seizures every day. They have been working hard to try to figure out medications and tests that may help her, but have had little to no success so far. My sister and her husband have been amazingly strong and loving while taking care of Claire, who rarely sleeps and crys most of the time. She is a very challenging baby, but they have been so loving regardless. They also have a 3 year old daughter and have been sensitive to her needs as well. Recently my sister sent me a link to the National Walk for Epilepsy, which will be held at the National Mall on March 29th. It's so hard to know how to help out, but I figured this is something i can totally do. So, we've started "Team Claire-Bear" and are excited for the walk. If you live in the DC area and want to join our team, that would be AWESOME!!! Or if you don't live around here and still want to join our team you can be a "virtual walker" and walk where ever you live. Or if you don't want to walk at all, feel free to donate to our team and show your support! I'm not one for fundraisers, but I would like my sister to know how much we love their family and support them, and this is a small way of doing so. So, check out our website and see what you can do....you guys ROCK!

http://www.walkforepilepsy.org/site/TR

5 comments:

janeen said...

how does it work to be a virtual walker? Do I still sign up under your team?

Lynette said...

yep, sign up under "Team Claire-Bear" and you are part of our team. It's $35 and I think you still get the free t-shirt...i think. Then you can just walk where ever you are. Or you can just donate if you want...but really, no pressure!

Crystal said...

lynette, mike and i decided to donate money right to jon and katherine. i know the money from the walk goes to research, but we also know that jon and katherine are paying a fortune in bills for gwen. i love that you have a team, you're so great! i wish we could be there to walk with you. we might walk in honor of claire here!

the design boss said...

I am so there! I can't wait!

Unknown said...

I will walk with you. I could use a good reason to get some exercise.