Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Good Day

Some good stuff happened today, here's the low-down:

- I FINALLY finished the last book in the Twilight series. I say "FINALLY" b/c I started the book back in 2008 (and probably the early part of that year) and averaged about a chapter a week, maybe month...I'm a very slow reader (plus the fact that I don't exactly enjoy reading). My review of the book?...it was good (I'm not very good at the book reviews either :)

-The kiddos and I enjoyed another story time at the library. Besides Bryn eating a purple marker, we enjoyed stories and dancing all about frogs! Then we went to the park and enjoyed playing, despite the drizzling rain.

-After Bryn's nap, the kiddos and I went to the doctor for Bryn's 18th month check up. She's in great health and here are her stats:
Weight = 28lbs (91%)
Height = 33" (86%)

-Since Brynlee did so good getting her shot at the doctors and Carson was really good waiting (and Dan wasn't home yet and wouldn't be for a long time), we decided to go to Chick-fil-A for dinner. We stopped by PetSmart first to see the animals and one of my favorite young woman, who works there. Then ate some dinner (and a peppermint shake for me!) and let the kids play away on the playplace.

-So, it was a really good day. I even got some sewing time in. And on a side note, Carson has been really good the last couple days. He has been listening much better (we have a listening chart) and has been really sweet and cute. I love it when he is like that. Yesterday he was soo good that we decided to give him a special surprise. Here he is with his surprise....an iron man action figure I got at the Mothers Of Multiples sale for $3.50. It makes tons of sounds and shoots a little thingie from his hand. For those of you who know Carson, this is the PERFECT toy for him, he loves Ironman. Carson has told me like 50 times that he loves his special new toy.

5 comments:

A.Pandina said...

He looks so happy! Glad to hear Bryn is healthy as a horse. After that "shirt/dress" you made her could you have guessed at her percentiles??? Hope chik-fil-a was free this time around...lol.

Weir Family said...

Just curious about your listen chart, how does that work? Brayden has been having a hard time lately and I love suggestions!

Ken said...

That's one happy boy.

Elise said...

You have a big girl too! Could it be possible that there's a fat baby gene lurking in the Simmons family? ;)

Bonnie said...

Way to go on finishing the Twilight series. I just started it and love it! I got the movie too and love that as well.