Thursday, April 16, 2009

A little bragging about my STINKER!!!

I just have to brag about my little Brynlee girl. I took her to the lab to have routine bloodwork done today and I was pretty much convinced she would act a little crazy like she usually does....not to mention the fact that she was going to get a needle stuck in her arm. Anyway, she was AMAZING!!! I have NEVER seen a little girl do soo good!!! She totally let the lady look at her arms for a vein and didn't even pull her arm away. When she stuck her, she didn't cry AT ALL!! I was SHOCKED!! The lab lady didn't get it right away and started fishing around for it and Bryn still didn't cry. Once she got the vein she cried out for like one second and then just kept watching. She was totally fine and didn't squirm or move at all...it was CRAZY! Maybe my little girl will be a nurse when she grows up....she was sooo good!!!

7 comments:

Nettie! said...

She is SO going to be a nurse! Wow!! What kind of blood work was done and what for, may I ask?

Lynette said...

The bloodwork was to check her lead levels. I think it's required to enter kintergarten, but our doctor does it at the 12month appointment (we were a little late).

Crystal said...

I think it's standard to do a lead check at 1 and 2 in NY. We just had to take Tyler in for that too. He was also awesome, didn't flinch, just watched the nurse the whole time! It must be in the Simmons genes!

Jenni said...

Wow, that is amazing!!

A.Pandina said...

That is impressive!

Janet said...

Maybe you're right about the future nurse thing. My bravest kid was Sharon, and next week she graduates from nursing school! Way to go, Brynlee!

Sara said...

Awesome!