Friday, April 24, 2009

Whew...and now it's time for a break

I've been working really hard this week on painting our new house. I wanted to hire someone to do it, but Dan thought we should save the couple thousand dollars...i suppose that is a good idea :) I must admit though, the house is looking great and it's fun to know that Dan and I did it! I've been going down in the mornings/afternoons with the kiddos and painting and painting till Dan comes home around4pm and starts helping. Luckily Brynlee takes a nap while we're there and Carson watches endless shows on the laptop, so I can get some work done. I've been working so hard and I'm soooo sore to show for it. I can't imagine doing this for a living! Every little part of me aches...maybe I'm just out of shape or old. But last night as I was leaving, it looked soo pretty, it's definitely worth all the work. And now I'm going to take a break. Today I'm going to be a good mom and actually PLAY with my children and do stuff that THEY like. Then tonight 5 of my coolest friends are going down to the house for a little girl's night/sleepover. I feel like I'm 12 having a sleepover, but I'm REALLY excited! We've done this before when a good friend moved away and we stayed at a hotel. But, since our house is empty, we can laugh and play all night (without the cops getting called on us :) I can't wait!!! Then next week we'll be finishing up the painting and then we move in next Saturday...YIPPEEE!!!! I'll definitely post some pictures soon of all our work!

11 comments:

Jolynn said...

Good Job! You will have to post pictures of all your work.

Nettie! said...

Kevin painted the entire house that we built! Every single room. It was crazy! (Me and the kids helped a little but...)

Way to go, you rock!

A.Pandina said...

I'm so happy for you! Finally you will get your reward, a great happy home...it will feel so good to move in. :) I can't wait to see pictures and mabye get invited to see it in person. (hint, hint)

Jenni said...

Wow good job with all the painting - I know that's crazy hard work! How fun that you guys are having a sleep over!!

Wendi said...

Can't wait to see all the pictures!!

The Pugs said...

You nerd, I had no idea. I totally could have come and gotten your kids. I can't wait to see it though!

Weir Family said...

You'll have to post some pics so those of us not at the sleep over get to see all your hard work:)

GFP said...

My sister is having a sleep over.....who's under wear am I going to put in the freezer??? wait....i'm not 15 years old anymore. I guess I might have to grow up.....next year.

i hate painting...crystal loves it.

Elise said...

Wow. Good job! I painted our last apartment myself and, man, it's a chore. I can't imagine doing a whole house!

gwyn said...

Oh, I so wish I was coming! Especially without the cops showing up. Ha! I would love to see pics of all the painting and - as jealous as it makes me - I want to see pics of your girls night. Hope you ate some chips and salsa and drank some diet coke with lime for me!

Janet said...

Fist, do you know how old it makes me feel if YOU say "maybe I'm out of shape or old"? Second, your brother, Mike, cracks me up. Third, have a wonderful time at your sleep over and feeling 12 again. What a fun idea!