Sunday, May 10, 2009

The new ward!

Today we went to our new ward! I knew it wouldn't compare at ALL to our old ward, but I was excited to start getting to know people. It actually was very nice and very big! We found out that they are actually kinda splitting the ward next week by having about 20 families go to another ward. Carson was excited to go to primary and when I brought him in I found out there were THREE sunbeam classes...WOW!!! Carson said he had a great time and was happy that they sang two songs he already knew. Brynlee went happily to nursery also (there are TWO nurseries) and was happy when we picked her up. She "gave" me a cute mother's day poem with her hand prints on it and 3 humongous chocolate covered strawberries from WEGMANS!!!!! I know I'm going to love this ward if they have the nursery kids giving their mothers strawberries from WEGMANS for Mother's Day!!!! I was very happy!!! Not to mention the chocolate they handed out to all the mother's after sacrament meeting...you can't go wrong with chocolate! Other than all the cute mother's day gifts, I had a great time at church. I met a few new ladies that seem very nice. I hope I can make some good new friends in this ward. But, even more so, I hope I can keep up those friendships that I have with my peeps from my old ward...I love you ladies!!!!

6 comments:

chan said...

I am glad you liked it and yes I am jealous about the strawberries. We miss you.

Nettie! said...

I'm sure you'll have new friends in no time!

Your ward sounds big but you wouldn't believe this - my new ward has 4 sunbeam classes and 5 nurserys! (We aren't done taking the Sacrament until after 1:30...they've split it before and are supposed to again but don't know when...I love it though!)

Sara said...

You're ward sounds like my ward. We have four nurseries and two sunbeam classes. And this is AFTER our ward just split in Oct.

Mary said...

Wow! I thought you moved to Virginia, not Utah ;) That ward sounds big! I'm glad you were showered with chocolate on your first Sunday there - you can't help but like a ward that greets you like that!

Jenni said...

Sounds like a great intro to your new ward! Happy mothers day Lynette!!

Leslie Green said...

And don't forget to remember your friends from wards WAY past!!! :) We're in a small branch here that I really love. Sacrament attendance is roughly 70 each week. We're from all over the world and we've gathered as an English speaking branch. It's a great, great group of people! Hooray for good church units!