Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Pink Velour




We've been wanting to do some yard work since we moved in, but we have been working on all the stuff INSIDE the house first (although that's not all done yet and I don't think I've even posted pictures of most of our house yet). Anyway, today Dan planted a tree!!! We wanted to brighten up our yard, so we got a "Pink Velour" Crape Myrtle tree. They can grow quite big or you can keep them groomed (is that the proper landscaping term?) smaller and they have bright, beautiful blossoms that last throughout the summer...I love it!!! They are soooo pretty and I really look forward to this tree beautifying our yard. One tree planted...lots more landscaping to do!

ps. and don't you just love how perfectly Brynlee matches the tree...she looks great in hot pink!

2 comments:

A.Pandina said...

That really is beautiful...and no, you haven't posted many pictures of your new house...I'm waiting. :) lol

It's her color! Samantha insists on wearing gloves when she helps us in the yard...that means winter mittens.

Unknown said...

We planted a crape myrtle too!! And I love it!!! I love doing landscape...if only it wasn't so darn expensive..