Monday, August 24, 2009

Random

So, two really random things happened this weekend. First one was that I went to a friend's son's baptism...well, that's not the random part. The random part was when her sister, who was visiting from California, walked in the room and I immediately recognized her as one of my old BYU roommates...like ELEVEN years ago!!! That was sooo crazy! We had fun catching up with each other and who knows, maybe I'll see her again since her sister is in my ward!

The other random thing happened when we decided to bring some cookies to a new family in the neighborhood. We went over right before church, so we were all dressed in our Sunday clothes. The man that answered the door commented and said that he should be at church too. Then he asked where we went to church and we said "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints" and he said that's where they go....HOW RANDOM IS THAT!!!??? I don't think Dan or I believed him at first, but then he started using some specific mormony lingo and he had us convinced. That was just so unexpected that we were in shock! So, he has a nice wife and 4 kids (ages 9-17). We're excited to get to know them better. Who knew that we would be welcoming someone to the neighborhood AND the ward...seriously, so random!!!

4 comments:

A.Pandina said...

How cool is that! This is so the RS secretary in me talking - notify the RS presidency and the High Priest Group Leader - they will pass the word along to primary and YW/YM.

GFP said...

Did you know she was her sister?

Where are my cookies?

Ken said...

I went on a few visits a couple of weeks ago with the EQ presidency, and as I was figuring out the address of a less active beforehand, I noticed that two less actives had the same address. So when we went, I just figured I'd see who came to the door.

Well you can imagine my shock when the brand new family in the ward came to the door with big welcoming smiles on their faces (I'd just met them earlier that day)! We didn't tell them we weren't there for them, but just played along and acted like we were on the ball....

Apparently they moved into the house the two previous inactives had occupied at different times themselves!

Wendi said...

How very nice to have a family with teenagers move by you--built in babysitters!!