Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dan turns another year older!


Dan turned another year older!  We had a fun time celebrating his birthday this year...at least I did!  We had 7 other families over for dinner on sunday.  These were Dan's 'old school' friends...friends we've had since we first moved to Maryland and before we had kids!  We had a blast catching up with everyone.  And all the kids LOVED playing together!  On monday, Dan's actual birthday, the kids and I surprised him and work and picked him up for lunch.  We went to yummy Five Guys and then took him back to work with 2 plates of goodies for his coworkers.  I know, that's totally second grade, but it was fun.  When Dan came home we had a fun FHE with games, treats, and presents for daddy.  I think he had a good birthday...and we all enjoyed it too!  Happy Birthday Dan!  Here are the top 5 reasons why you're the coolest (I had to limit it to the top 5 :)

1.) You have a contagious big smile (see picture above)
2.) You love your kiddos and think of fun games to play with chocolate cheerios.
3.) You clean bathrooms like a champ (I can't even tell you the last time I cleaned a toilet!)
4.) You always help around the house with cleaning, cooking, etc.  And always without being asked.  
5.) You love me!  Thanks for being so cool!  Happy Birthday!

6 comments:

A.Pandina said...

Sounds so fun! Happy birthday Dan, Lynette really got lucky when she found you. Do tell about the chocolate cheerio game...?

Gina said...

Sounds like you married Super Man! Cleans toilets? Hello! Glad you had such a fun time. You guys are such partiers.
Looks like you just got spammed-you may want to delete it. :)

Nettie! said...

That is such a wonderful picture of Dan with the kids! You and Dan look so alike and your kids are so cute I can hardly stand it! I hope to meet your sweeties someday!!!

the design boss said...

Happy Birthday Dan!! What a fabulous wife you have!!! I love the picture....your Dan's smile couldn't get any bigger!!

Cam said...

Happy Birthday Dan!

Janet said...

Tell Dan "belated happy birthday" for me. I'm glad he had so much fun celebrating. I'm also glad he's the "coolest"! You had five very persuasive reasons to justify that title!