Thursday, May 6, 2010

Bloggity Blog Blog

I'm helping teach a class about blogging tonight at our church. So, here's a shout out to all the Sisters at church!  Jen's talking about why to blog and I'm talking about how to start a blog and helpful tips and tricks.  Why do you blog?  What tips do you have about blogging?  Here's what I've learned over the last few years I've been blogging:


How to start a blog:
Blogger
Typepad
WordPress

Parts of a blog:
Header
Body/Blog Posts
Sidebars
Footer

Dashboard

Layout

Photo Editing/Header Websites
Picnik (free)
Picasa (free, need to download)
Photobucket (Image hosting)

Free Tutorials for Blog Help
Horizontal Navigation Bar (lists under main header)
How to make a Header in Picasa (Clover Lane Blog)
How to make a Button
McLinky List Links (used for blog parties/link parties)
Blogger Help
How to make a 3 Column Template

Free Backgrounds, Headers, etc.
The Cutest Blog on the Block
Shabby Blogs
Hot Bliggity Blog

2 comments:

A.Pandina said...

Oooh thanks! you'll be seeing some new improvements to my blog. Hope your class went well. Thanks again! Miss you.

Ange said...

ooo. I'm an old blogger and I could still use some help. I may have to come back to this post and use it as reference.