Monday, May 10, 2010

My baby girl

My little baby girl Bryn sure is cute!  But, let me tell you, she is a handful!  I always wanted an adorable spunky little girl and I think I got exactly what I asked for...what was I thinking??  I've been struggling with her lately...okay, really her whole life!  She is soo independent, stubborn, and strong-willed.  I'm trying to look at it in a positive way and think that some of these characteristics will be great later on in life, but right now they are hard to manage in a 2 year old.  She has to do everything on her own, she never backs down, and she has NO fear!!  Nothing I seem to do gets her attention.  I think I need to develop some new parenting tactics for this little lady...any suggestions?  My parents say she sounds like me, but we all know that could never be true...I'm sure I was the perfect little girl!  Even though she drives me CRAZY, I love that crazy little girl.  I just need to figure out what to do with her.  While I'm figuring that out, I'll just enjoy dressing her up cute and doing her hair.  Check out her hair today...so cute, huh?  
 

7 comments:

Mary said...

She's a beauty! We had so much fun with you guys yesterday!

Wendi said...

She sounds like Landon, in girl form. I'm sorry to say I got nothin' for ya! I'm still trying to figure it out myself:)

Johnsons of Haymarket said...

It's second child syndrome. I have one of those, as do many people I know. She sure is darling though, maybe to make up for some of the spice!

gwyn said...

Wow, is it a second child thing? That would explain a lot about Eleanor. I love the hairstyle - what did you do at the end with the leftover hair? Pull it in a little pony/bun thingie?

Lynette said...

Yeah, Gwyn, I just took the rest of the hair that was left over and did a pony tail and didn't pull it all the way through at the end. Then played around with it a bit...oh, and sprayed a ton of hair spray on it :)

Kristen said...

I love her, though I don't have to be her mom and get to to stop doing all the crazy things. She's a cutie! I can't believe she will let you do all that to her hair! Lucky you.

Ange said...

Super cute dolly! I love little girls' hair. Don't worry, it's a stage. They have another yucky stage at the end of Kindergarten too. You'll make it through though. Love little girls!