Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Carson's first day of Kindergarten!!

Well, needless to say I was a bit worried for Carson's first day of kindergarten after his little break-down last night.  But, I'm happy to report that he did great!  He woke up super excited to go to school and didn't seem worried at all (what a relief)!  He picked out his own outfit for his first day (not what I wanted him to wear, but that's okay) and we ate breakfast and headed to the bus stop.  The bus was a half hour late!!!!  But, when it came, he jumped right on.  It wasn't until I saw him on that big bus that I got a little emotional...but I held it together!  Here are a few pictures from before school. 

The traditional in front of the front door picture.  With some kung-fu moves of course.


One with his little sister...who just woke up and had some crazy bedhead. 


And some with his family.  The second picture Brynlee took (not bad, eh?).


Here he is at the bus stop and getting on the bus.


And here he is when he came home!  He said he had a great day and was excited to go back tomorrow (yeah! Just what I wanted to hear!)  I think this is going to be a great school year!  We're so proud of you Carson!

7 comments:

A.Pandina said...

Oh, I'm so proud of Carson. Getting a little teary-eyed looking at your pictures! Glad he's happy - he'll be a great student.

Brooke said...

Love the pictures! Way to go, Carson.

Elise said...

What a big deal! So excited that it went well.

Johnsons of Haymarket said...

Phew! So glad he did so well! He looks so little in those pictures!

Angie said...

I love all of his karate moves!

Julie said...

Love the first day of Kindergarten! Gracie had her first day this year too and her Daddy took her to the "Cheers or Tears" breakfast on her first day. Can you believe she's my 5th to start school? I still get teary-eyed every year on the first day. :)
You did great with all of those pictures too!

Roxie said...

What a cutie! I'm so glad it went well for him! That's a big deal (for you and him!)