Monday, September 6, 2010

The night before...

It's the night before Carson goes to his first day of Kindergarten and I feel like I'm going to lose it!  I had NO idea I would be this nervous for him. I've been looking forward to him going to school for years and now that it is here, I am so sad!  I loved school as a kid and I think he'll really like it too, but I just can't get over the fact that my little buddy won't be around all day long.  He will get home around the same time Dan gets home from work!  Carson has always been a social kid, but he's also sensitive and cautious as well.  He is usually a little hesitant with new things, but once he's there he loves it.  Carson has been SOOOO excited for school to start and has talked about it non-stop for months now, but I just knew that when it came down to it, he would be really scared.  That exact thing happened.  I put him to bed tonight soo excited for school, he was dancing all around saying he can't wait for morning to come, but then after I left his room, a few minutes later he came out bawling saying that he is scared to go to school.  He bawled for over 20 minutes!  Dan and I tried every pep talk we could come up with, and finally calmed him down.  I'm just worried that the same thing will happen in the morning.  I'm going to be a mess tomorrow, I tell ya!  I just hope he gets up enough courage to get on the bus and makes one friend in his class.  Then I know he'll come jumping off the bus saying he had the best time at school!  Wish us luck!!!  I'll let you know how it went tomorrow. 

Here are a few pictures of him seeing his new classroom and meeting his new teacher, Mrs. Sharp.  Check out the cool murals in front of the library!  Oh, and of course Bryn was there too! 

We also made him a "Good Luck Carson" cookie to celebrate him starting school!  We love you Carson and are soo proud of you!

4 comments:

Melanni said...

His classroom is so cute! Seeing everyone's pictures of their kids and kids classrooms has brought back so many good memories for me. I bet Carson will love school. He is an awesome kid!

Johnsons of Haymarket said...

I have been thinking about you all morning! I hope everything went smoothly. I'm sure he will love school!

GFP said...

eww. that one picture is like a creepy Bob Barker. "Hey kid, reach in my pocket for a $100, but shhhh...don't tell anyone." might want to switch schools!

Janet said...

So many fun pictures in this post and the ones that followed! It's great that you got so many good ones documenting Carson's first day of school. The photos really made me smile!

Enjoy kindergarten, Carson....you'll do great!