Wednesday, November 17, 2010

One Proud Mama

I am just so proud of my Carson-man!  I have had some really good feedback from his teacher at school.  Last week we went for parent-teacher conference and got to talk with her and see how he is doing.  She said multiple times what a sweet boy Carson is and how caring and kind he is.  He is my sweet, sensitive boy, but it's just so nice to hear that from someone else (plus, I see the stinker side of him at home too).  She mentioned that he had been a bit homesick, but that it didn't last long.  I already knew this was happening, but was hoping he was okay once he got to school.  He says he really likes school, but doesn't like leaving his family.  His teacher also went through all of subjects they are working on and how he is doing.  He is doing great!  She showed us some drawings and writing samples and they were way better than I even knew he could do!  Which brings me to my next reason I am one proud mama.  I went to his school for an end-of-the-quarter awards ceremony and he got an award!  He was one of the Top Wildcat Writers for his class!  Two kids from each class were picked based on the teacher's evaluation.  At the awards ceremony, when Carson was called up with the other students getting an award, my heart just melted.  I was sooo proud!  I might have had a tear or two, which I quickly wiped away.  I was just so proud of my little boy doing so well at school!  Keep up the good work Carson-man!  We love you! 



Carson's Award



Carson's Kindergarten Picture.  What a handsome boy!

3 comments:

Jolynn said...

He is a handsome boy! What a great reward- especially for a kindergarten boy. Keep up the good work Carson!

Roxie said...

Congrats Carson! You are awesome!

Janet said...

Great job, Carson! I'm proud of you too!