Thursday, December 9, 2010

The last day of dance...for now

Brynlee's 9-week pre-ballet class ended today.  Don't you worry though, I signed her up for another round of ballet AND tap starting in January.  Since her class is ages 2-4, they don't actually participate in the big recital at the end of the year.  So, instead Ms Lisa does a little "show" for the parents on the last day.  I was sooo excited for Dan to see how cute Brynlee is at dance class.  Brynlee was not a disappointment this week!  She was really quite entertaining...and embarrassing :)  She did a great job at her ballet moves!  I'm totally impressed with how much she actually learned after 9 weeks.  She listened to directions well, did all the moves pretty good, and LOVED dancing!!  Her biggest problem is the fact that she NEVER stopped talking!!!  Seriously, she had a comment for everything!  She would always want her teacher to "watch me!", or "look, my toes are pointed good".  She seriously never. stopped. talking.  The most embarrassing thing about her non-stop jabber was the several times she pointed out to her teacher that "she's not doing it!" while pointing to other little girls in the class.  She was so into everyone else's business and I think she thought that SHE was the teacher...a little embarrassing, I tell ya.  But, Ms Lisa handles her well and ignores or quickly dismisses all of Brynlee's comments.  Overall though, she was soooo cute to watch dance.  She honestly seems to enjoy it and I'm surprised at how well she does, for a 3 year old!  Dan loved seeing her dance and took tons of pictures of his little girl.  Ms Lisa gave each girl a holiday headband to wear for their "show".  They also got a candy cane and certificate at the end...so cute!  Great job Brynlee, I was so proud watching you in your ballet class.  I look forward to many more years of dance with you!

1...2...3...SHOWTIME!

Festive Headband

Look at my moves!





Sometimes I'm crazy!!

The studio was decorated so cute for Christmas.  Look at the adorable ballerina tree!

Brynlee getting her certificate

Brynlee with Ms Lisa

And a cute video...


 

1 comment:

Ange said...

I love it!!! And the admission that she talked non-stop. I've been there!!!! My girls' dance studio does a December parent day too. I really like it but can totally relate to all of the feelings of excitement, embarrassment, relief. I love little dancing girls.