Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Babies...babies...

Congratulations to Dan's brother, Craig, and his wife Sharla!! They just found out that they are expecting a little girl! She is due around Halloween. This is their first and they are super excited...congrats!!

Now we just need to wait another month or so to find out what my brother, Ken and his wife, Roxie are having. This is their first also. Will there be more pink in the world...or blue? So far everyone I know that is pregnant is having a girl...I can think of 5 total! It's the year of the girl! When Carson was born, almost everyone was having boys...weird how that works.

Since we're on the subject of babies, I had a doctor appointment yesterday and everything is looking great. I'm 25 weeks now and feeling great. I'm really lucky to have such nice pregnancies. I don't know if it's b/c I'm chasing a two year old around, but I don't even really feel all that pregnant. I haven't even gained any weight yet! Although I'm sure that will change very soon. But, I am definitely looking pregnant. I've been wearing maternity clothes for months now (mostly b/c their comfy), but now I definitely need them and my belly is definitely getting bigger. Hopefully everything continues to go smoothly. I have a trip planned to visit my sister in Wisconsin in July and I definitely don't want to miss that!!

On a different note, Carson has been saying the funniest things lately. He is just so cute! Here are some of the new things he likes to say....

-"Tools, tools, tools, I like tools" -from a book called "I like Tools".

-"Bless you Elephant" -from a book where an elephant sneezes

-"Mmmmm....Delicious!" -I don't know where he learned this one, but he just started saying it yesterday and it's one of the cutest things I've heard him say.

Carson sure is fun! He can still be pretty whiny at times (if anyone knows how to fix that one, please let me know), but overall he is a fun little boy. He especially loves to go swimming now and asks to go everyday. He is doing really well in the pool and will even "swim" around with his little water wings on. He also especially loves his daddy lately....he's always asking "I see daddy? Daddy working." I don't know how he's going to do when Dan is in Egypt next month...wish us luck!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

My uncle did this one and we also use it. We just tell them that when they are whining we can't hear them. We don't actually say it we just pretend, "I'm sorry Evan, I can't hear you when you talk like that. What? What did you say?" It usually works for us. Good luck!

Rochelle Oleson said...

How are you feeling? It seemed what ever gender I was having every one either had that same one or the opposite. When I was expecting Kiefer everyone was due the same time as me and having a boy. When I was having Ethan everyone was having a girl. When I was having Audrey everyone was due the same time as me and having a girl. Funny how that worked. My kids say Delicious I don't know where they get that either. Good luck to you and Carson when your hubby is away. I woudln't care for that very much.

Anonymous said...

Well I hope that I have a girl, too then. I'm pregnant and due the beginning of December and I'd love another little girl. I have two friends that are expecting girls right now, but I also have one that's expecting twin boys. So hopefully I didn't miss the girl wave. =) But of course I'll be happy with whatever.