Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Not feeling so good...

Little man is not feeling good. I'm not sure what's wrong with him but he's had a fever since yesterday. He acted fairly normal yesterday, besides the fever and a little extra tiredness. We realized he definitely wasn't feeling himself when we took him to the pool and he just laid on my shoulder. Usually he swims around for EVER with his little water wings and when it's time to go he won't leave without a fight. Well, last night we took him out of the pool and laid him on a lounge chair in his towel and he just laid there...it was really weird. He just wasn't feeling well, i guess. Last night he woke up several times with a fever and we had to give him medicine and something to drink (he was sweating it all out). He is still very sweet when he is sick and takes his medicine very well. When we would hold him he would just say "song?" and want us to sing...it's very cute, even at 4am!

I had to take care of my neighbors dog this morning, so when i went to check on Carson and close the door, the door popped ever so quietly and Carson started crying. Ugghh...i left and took care of the dog really quick anyway. That silly dog, she just jumped all over and peed on the floor multiple times. I'm just about convinced that I never want a dog (Dan does though, so we'll see). So, I came back home a few minutes later and Carson was still crying. Now we're in our room watching TV. I'm I a bad mom if I let my sick kid watch more TV when he is sick? He needs to rest, right?

So, after all my complaining, I feel kinda bad. Life is really good. I feel bad for my poor sister's baby who is in the hospital for the second time right now (which means my poor sister is camping out there too). They sure are going through a lot to figure out what is wrong with her. I hope they can figure it out soon and start helping the poor little Claire-bear.
Here are just a few pictures of Carson this morning. I let him watch TV and have breakfast in bed since he wasn't feeling very good. The cheesy smile is when he says "cheese" for the camera...funny little guy. Don't ya just love the Diego pj's...he just loves them!

4 comments:

gwyn said...

Poor little guy! I hope he's feeling better soon. Eve actually woke up with a fairly high fever on Monday, too, so I wonder if something's going around. She actually gagged on her Tylenol and threw up spectacularly all over the living room. What fun! But she was fine by the next day, so hopefully Carson will be back on his feet soon.

A.Pandina said...

Too bad Carson, hope you feel better soon! It's no fun being sick.

As for the doggie peeing thing, you get used to it, I'm sure it's just like baby puke. Something you start to over-look.

Give your sister my best, hopefully the doctors can give Claire some relief.

Anonymous said...

Babes here has been sick too. Just a fever for the last week, a little spit up/throw up after eating and if we take her outside in the sun she just gets limp. We thought she was teething at first but are not quite sure what she has now. At least she is sleeping well.
I hope Carson gets well soon and back to his energetic self.

And best of luck to your sister and her family. I hope they can find out what is wrong with her baby so they can help her. It is never fun to have a sick child and feel helpless in being able to make them better.

janeen said...

poor carson! Kaitlin is sick too. And like you, I have her lying in bed watching a video. I even let her have lunch in our bed yesterday because she was so lathargic.
I wish your sister and claire all the best!