Friday, June 29, 2007

How do they do it????

How do people let their loved ones go off to war or anywhere for a long period of time??? I'm very, VERY, thankful that we have people that are willing to serve our country, but I just don't think I could be married to a military man. If you can't tell why I'm thinking about this, it's b/c Dan left about an hour ago to go to Egypt for a month. This is the second "long" trip he has taken. Last summer he went to the U.A.E. for a month and I stayed with my parents for the majority of the time. For some reason this time seams harder. We both know that everything will be fine and that we will both have fun in each of our "adventures", but we were very sad to say goodbye. We both cried (which is a very rare occasion for Dan) and were a lot sadder than we thought we would be. Dan really had a hard time saying goodbye to us, especially little Carson-man. Carson actually didn't freak out like I thought he would. He gave Dan a hug and said "I love you" and said "bye". He didn't cry or anything....we'll see how he does in the next few days, weeks, when daddy has been "working" for a really long time. So, after saying goodbye, I'm glad that we are now on the down-hill slope to seeing him again. The next month will fly right by, right? I just keep thinking that other people have it so much harder than this. Other people let their husbands go for months, even years, to countries where they have to worry about their safety. And some people have so much going on while they are gone, like having a baby! I better not do that while Dan is gone...that wouldn't be good :) Anyway, I will admit that I'm super excited to have some time to do all the sewing I want (well, that is whenever Carson is sleeping). And in a little less than 2 weeks I'll be going to hang out with my sister and mom...yeah! So, I know we both will be having fun! Thanks for listening (or reading, I guess) to all my boring thoughts.

6 comments:

janeen said...

Like you I could never be married to a service man. I am greatful for all the men and woman who leave their families behind and even more greatful for all the men and woman who stay home while their loved one serves.
Good luck getting through the next month. have fun with your sister and mom in a few weeks!

Anonymous said...

Good luck this month and have fun doing all the fun things you want to do while Dan is in Egypt enjoying himself. Have fun with your fam too. It is always so nice to get spend time with the Fam. It will make time speed by.

Moonsahra said...

My fiance, Ben, grew up with a father that traveled a lot for his work, and he admires his mother for her self-sufficiency while he was gone. We don't know exactly what the future has in store, but neither of us really enjoys the thought of a similar lifestyle. I'm glad there are people who are willing to be separated from their spouse for a good cause, but I don't think I'm one of them, either.

It's been a while since I last saw Carson. He's so big now!

Your cuz', Elizabeth

Ruth said...

One of my third year girls at camp has a father who has been in Iraq for 14 months. She was holding up well. I, like you, can't even imagine how difficult that would be. Especially with children at home. By the way, we'll be in your ward tomorrow for a visit! See you then!

Rochelle Oleson said...

My heart goes out to all the family's at home praying and supporting their spouse serving for our country. God Bless! I am with yeah it would be very hard to marry someone who is in the service. Good luck this month. Keep busy I'm sure it will fly by. Months seem to do that these days.

Jenni said...

I don't know how people do it either with spouses gone all the time! I really hope the time goes by quickly for you and Carson!! And that you're able get in some quality sewing time!! :)