Tuesday, July 3, 2007

So far, so good

Things are going just fine here so far without Dan (not that we don't totally miss him!!!). We have been super busy with all sorts of fun stuff. Saturday we went to visit my nursing school buddies in VA and had dinner with them. It was great! Sunday was church and dinner at the Kellers. Yesterday we went down to Tami's house in VA and stayed there over night. Carson had fun playing with Tami's son Kyle. They are only a couple weeks apart. It was great to spend time with them...thanks Tami! Tomorrow we plan on going to the ward breakfast and then later back down to VA to have a BBQ at another one of my nursing buddies houses. We've been going back and forth to VA a lot but we are having so much fun visiting with friends. Carson has been doing pretty good too. He is behaving well, but is extra clingy to me (which he usually isn't). But, overall, I can't complain.

This afternoon we went to Centennial Park in Columbia, MD to go use the canoes and paddleboats with the youth from church. It ended up being a lot of fun. Carson loved having all the girls in the van with him. He said the funniest thing on the way down there. I have taught him where daddy is, so I was having him tell the girls. So I asked him where his daddy is and he said "daddy's in Egypt"....then I asked him what daddy is doing there and he said "makin' money". It was hilarious...we were all laughing so hard. I have told him a couple times that daddy is making money for us, but I've never heard him say it...it was really funny.


Some sadder news is that my sister's baby is back in the hospital for the 3rd time. I feel sooo bad for them. This is so hard on their little family. It looks like my brother-in-law is going to have to quit his masters program also, but that means they will need to pay back thousands of dollars. Does anyone know a way I can raise thousands of dollars for them???

That's about all going on with us :)

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Your poor niece, or is it nephew? I hope all is well with them. I wish I had a way to tell you to earn the money but I'm no help there.

Rochelle Oleson said...

My heart goes out to your sisters family. How hard that must be. Hope things go well for your niece. One idea is to hold a lemonade stand. A little girl did one to raise money for cancer research and made thousands of dollars. you can make one and state all money is donated to a family in need to help pay for hospital bills for their baby.
Just an idea. Check out www.Inc.com about lemonade stands.