Monday, September 29, 2008

My Little Devil

My mom tells me that when I was a little girl, I had a Strawberry Shortcake Halloween mask that I LOVED! She says that I would wear it all the time and come in to surprise her while she was cooking dinner. She would say in her sweetest voice "Oh, Strawberry Shortcake, how did you get in here?" She said that this game could go on forever and that I thought it was the funniest thing ever!

Meet my "Strawberry Shortcake"....
Okay, so he's not quite as cute on the outside, but he's super cute on the inside! Carson LOVES his $1 Devil mask from Wal-Mart. He wears it all the time and we play all sorts of games with his mask. For the last week I think I have said things like "Oh scary Devil, how did you get in here?", "Where is my sweet Carson-man, Mr. Devil?"....like a million times!!! It can get a bit redundant (or sometimes down right annoying), but then I remember my sweet mother doing this for me when I was little and I can't help but laugh and keep it going. Carson thinks that he is the funniest kid around and that this is the coolest trick ever...he loves to scare us with his devil mask!

6 comments:

Jolynn said...

What a good mom you are. I would probably hide it!

gwyn said...

Yikes! That mask would totally freak out my girls. Just shows the big difference between boys and girls. And what pansies my girls are. :) We have similar games that consist of me saying the same thing over and over and over again. Funny how they never get tired of it!

Paul and Holly Domm said...

What a little character! You're so good to buy that for him and then let him keep wearing it (I think I might hide it as well-its just a little bit freaky).

Ro said...

thats hilarious!!! you are so good to play his game for so long!! what a good mommy you are!

the design boss said...

How fun for you to even buy it for him. You are truly a saint! How fun though to have him always trying to scare you. What a cutie!

janeen said...

now you need to find a picture of you in your strawberry shortcake mask and post it!