Monday, November 24, 2008

SO FRUSTRATING!!!

Okay, I'm trying my very best to be patient with the whole selling our house thing...but it is getting harder by the day!!! I have been so good at keeping my house clean and getting it spotless whenever someone wants to see it. I try to be patient and just keep telling myself that it will sell when the time is right...but why can't the time be right now?? After almost three months, we finally got an official offer. I was super excited until I heard what the offer was....$45,000 less than we were asking....argghhh!!! It felt like a slap in the face. We, counter-offered higher than that, but a little less than we were asking, but they couldn't do it. It is soooooo frustrating!!! Any bit of interest in our house, or even a showing, I get my hopes up thinking that maybe this is the "one". Oh well! I'm also super frustrated b/c I find all these cute houses online that I love and wish I could go see, but there's no point until we have a contract on our house. I guess I'll just keep trying to be patient...wish me luck!!

9 comments:

The Truth said...

Sounds strangely like a job search.

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!

Ken said...

Good grief, who's The Truth?! That's not me!!

Ken (me!)

Jolynn said...

That would be very frustrating. It is hard to keep a house clean with two kids. Good luck with the patience and the house selling.

The Pugs said...

LUCK!

Jenni said...

I'm sorry Lynette! Very very frustrating! I wish you lots of luck!

GFP said...

$45,000???? seriously? I'd give you $46,000!!! ;-)

good luck, post it on Craigslist. I can't believe it every time I hear that doing so works. Crazy!

Sarah said...

That must be frustrating. Good luck selling your house soon. Your description made me think of my dating life. Ha! silly me.

Sara said...

I'm so sorry! That is frustrating!

Ruth said...

Darlin' don't I know it! Selling a house is so frustrating. Especially in this market and especially with little kids around. It is just not the way you want to be spending your time. I remember feeling like life was on hold until we finally sold the house. Basically, it stinks.

Looking back on the experience, though, I can see so many reasons why it happened when and how it did and because of that we ended up in the perfect place for us...you will too!