Sunday, November 30, 2008

Great times had by all

We had a fabulous trip up to NY to visit my family! We left the house in spotless condition (just in case someone wanted to see our house while we were gone) at 6am on Wednesday morning. The kids were great on the car ride up and we arrived at Grandma and Grandpa Simmons' house in the mid afternoon. Carson was soooo excited to see them and both him and Bryn LOVED being with them all weekend. We enjoyed the evening with my parents and started making some food for the following day.


Thanksgiving Day was great!! We awoke to hearing Carson on the baby monitor saying "Brynlee...it's time to wake up!". I quickly went and got him so she could sleep a little longer...good thing too, she didn't wake up till 9:30am! The first thing Carson asked me when he got up was "are my cousins here?". He was sooo excited to play with his cousins. They came a little later and he played with them NON-STOP! He loved building "caves" with McKee and Seth and jumping on the trampoline with Brooke and Tyler...too bad we all don't live closer to each other! That morning my dad took some pictures of the kiddos in their Christmas outfits. Taking pictures of one kid, let alone TWO, drives me bonkers!! Bryn would NOT SIT in the cute little white rocking chair for more than a second, so we only ended up getting ONE picture of her alone. After NUMEROUS attempts to get a cute picture of the two kids together, we surrendered and sat down with the kids (to hold them down!) and got a cute family picture. I like the way they turned out though....thanks dad, you're great!! Thanksgiving meal was fabulous as usual. I think I could eat turkey, potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes and rolls EVERYDAY! Thanks mom for such a scrumptious meal! The rest of the evening we lounged and talked...it was perfect! I am soo thankful for my family, friends and life!



Friday morning my mom, Crystal, and I woke up bright and early for a second annual black friday shopping at Joann Fabrics. It was awesome!! We got there a little after the store opened at 6am and didn't leave till close to 10am! I bought TONS of fun flannel at only $1.49/yd and I also bought a SERGER!!! I've been wanting one and this one was 50% off, so I got the last one...yippee!!! Here's hoping I can figure out how to use it! That afternoon, we took my parents out to Friendly's for lunch and then Dan took Carson to see his first ever movie in the theater. They saw Madagascar II and apparently Carson LOVED it! While the boys watched the movie, Bryn and I roamed the mall. After dinner, we went to visit Alison and her family. Her little daughter is getting so big and is absolutely adorable. We had fun chatting and the kids LOVED playing with her dog, Mia. It was soo fun seeing you Ali! Later that night, when the kids were tucked into bed, Dan and I went to see Twilight, which we both liked. Lucky Dan...he saw TWO movies in one day!



On Saturday, we hung out with Jill and Carlos for lunch and a little Rock Band. We had a ROCKIN' good time and decided that we definitely should live closer to each other :) Later we enjoyed another yummy dinner my mom made with Mike and Crystal's family.



The drive back on sunday was pretty uneventful, thank goodness. Although, we did stop at the Harrisburg mall (like usual) and Carson and Bryn got a free picture with Santa...so cute! Unfortunately, no one came to see our beautifully clean house while we were gone....well, no one until we barely got home! We literally had just walked in the door from driving all day, brought ALL of our stuff in from the van, and the phone rang! Someone wanted to see our house in an hour. So, we had to put ALL of our stuff back into the van, pack up our over-tired kids, and leave our house. I couldn't believe it!!! What TERRIBLE TIMING!!!! I'll forgive the person if they BUY MY HOUSE!!! Here's hoping. Anyway...we had a fabulous long weekend in NY! Here are some pictures!





























14 comments:

Jolynn said...

Cute pictures! Your dad is so great.

I also went to the Joann's sale. It was CRAZY. That is cool that you got a serger. Now you can sew even more.

Lyndsay Detro said...

Those were great pictures!! And how fun that you got a serger and tons of great fabric. I wasn't brave enough to fight the crowds. =)

The Mann Family said...

Your kids are so adorable! I LOVE your family picture, I think it turned out great! And congrats on the new serger! I'm sure you are in heaven! Hope you had fun with your parents! Happy Thanksgiving!

Mary said...

We love the pictures - Lindsey said, "Hey, Brynlee is married!" I think that means she thinks Brynlee's dress is fancy. I'm glad you had such a great visit!

Erin said...

gorgeous pictures lynnette!!!

The Pugs said...

You are SO lucky to have your own photographer! And somebody who is willing to be patient and love your children regardless of how they behave, SERIOUSLY!! Glad you had such an awesome Thanksgiving weekend!

A.Pandina said...

Loves all around. We had fun with you guys and missed you the minute you left. When Dan is job searching again, think about moving to Hilton. Glad you could make the trip and hope to see you again soon.

Sam and Heidi said...

Those pictures are too die for! Wow! And yay for you getting a serger on such a deal--i love Black Friday deals.

Jenni said...

Thanksgiving with family is so fun!! I'm so glad you got great JoAnns deals - you deserved that serger!! Those pictures are awesome!!

Janet said...

Good for you for being at JoAnn's at 6 a.m., and for getting the last serger! (You really deserved it.) And you spent almost 4 hours in the store! (That would be Allen's definition of torture--he finds nothing more boring than a fabric shop.) I don't sew as much as you do, but I can still spend a lot of time and have a lot of fun in a fabric store.

Your dad got some great pictures of your cute family!

Sher said...

I love the family pics. Your baby girl's dress is sooo cute and festive! thanks for the comment also!

Weir Family said...

Lynette, I LOVE the pics. Your family is adorable!!! Did you sell your house after all that?

Sara said...

Great pictures! Your kids are so cute! And I'm jealous that you went to Roch for Thanksgiving.

Chris Fullmer said...

you have such beautiful children lynette! great photos.