Monday, January 26, 2009

Do you believe in fortunes??

So, as most of you know, Dan and I are in the process of selling our house and buying a new one. We have been fortunate on the selling part and after 4-5months, found a buyer who is working out great. Now on to the house hunting part. We have an awesome realtor for that too and have been looking several times with him. We bid on one house last week, which we thought was "it". We don't think they really looked at our offer, b/c they already had a few offers and they went with someone lower. We were totally bummed and just kept telling ourselves that it was for a reason. So, out we went looking for houses on Saturday. The second house we looked at is what we hope is the reason we lost the first house we bid on. Check this out:

http://slideshow.mris.com/slideshow.cfm?ListingKey=90065459632

It is absolutely perfect!! We love it a hundred times more than the first (which we thought we really liked). We stopped our search then and immediately wrote up an offer. After doing all that with our realtor, we stopped by Pei Wei really quick to eat. We enjoyed our yummy meals, and then snagged some fortune cookies before heading back to Maryland. Before opening the cookies I said "Okay, these fortunes have to do with that house we just put an offer on". This is what Dan's fortune said:


Can you believe that? I think I believe in fortunes now :) Anyway, we'll find out within a weekish and things look promising. We are the only offer as of now, so here's hoping! We'll keep you updated!

14 comments:

Arnold said...

It looks fantastic -- I hope you get it. It has room for the family to grow and the relatives to visit LOL.
Carolyn Loveridge, Sacramento

Elise said...

Wow--it's amazing! Here's to believing in fortunes...

I so hope you get it!

Crystal said...

good luck! it's beautiful!

Unknown said...

WOW! That house is gorgous!!! We will be praying for you!!

Bonnie said...

Looks great! I hope all goes well:)

Moonsahra said...

I hope that everything goes perfectly for you! It looks fabulous.

Debbie said...

it looks great, i hope it works out!

Ruth said...

Looks really great! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Jolynn said...

WOW, you must be rich!

Jenni said...

Good luck!! That is an awesome fortune!!:)

ckcclan said...

Wow, that's amazing!! Gorgeous. I really hope you get it!!

Ken said...

Where's the guest bedroom?

The Pugs said...

I hate to say 'I told you so', but I knew that you'd find something else! I'm pumped that it's so close. I had to call Scott to get the location, but it's going to be great if works out!

Good Luck.

The Mann Family said...

Lynette! The house is beautiful! I really hope it works out for you! I think that's crazy about the fortune too, what are the odds?! It must be meant to be!