Monday, January 12, 2009

We got an OFFER!!!

YIPPEEEE!!!! We got an offer on our house yesterday....Hallelujah!! We were getting pretty worried that the market would just keep going further and further down and we would miss our chance to sell our house. We lowered the price last week and this weekend got a real offer!! We signed all the paperwork accepting the offer and now we just have to wait for the inspection and appraisal to happen and pass and all that! I hope everything works out! And now we finally get to go check out some houses for us! I can't wait for this part, although I know if can be frustrating too. Most of the houses in our price range are short sales/foreclosures and can take several months to get responses back from the bank. So, we may be living in an apartment for a while...wish us luck! We're just excited that we got an offer on our house....YEAH!!!!

16 comments:

Bonnie said...

GREAT! That is awesome! I am so happy for you. Please let us know if we can do anything for you:)

Sarah said...

That's great news Lynette! I wish you the best of luck in looking for a house in VA. I'm moving a little further west...I'll send you the address soon.

Mary said...

Yipee! I know that is such a relief and I hope all is smooth sailing from here on out for you guys.

(all said while I'm thinking, "Please don't go!!!!!!)

Ro said...

yay lynettte!! that is so exciting!!! keep in mind that you are welcome to come stay here (or 1 of the many other homes on our street) if you have a few weeks lapse time! we will pray everything goes smoothly!

Jenni said...

Congrats Lynette, I am SO happy for you!! Best wishes for a happy inspection and closing!!

The Pugs said...

We've got a whole basement calling your name!!

Either way, you'll be this side of the beltway soon, and I CAN'T WAIT!!

The Wehrmeister's said...

Everytime you post I keep hoping that it was about the house! Yeah for you! I hope it goes smoothly. You deserve it. Good luck house hunting.

Crystal said...

congratulations! moving is fun and exciting! I might be the only one ever who thinks that. i loved looking for houses. good luck!

Lyndsay Detro said...

Yeah!!!!!!! Congratulations. And good luck on the house hunting. That can be so fun (and like you said, frustrating).

janeen said...

Congrats...good luck finding a place!

Unknown said...

YEAH!!!!!!!! We are so excited for you!!!!!! We wish you the best of luck and happy house hunting!!!!

A.Pandina said...

YEAH! I'm so happy for you!!! too bad your not moving here though. we would love that.

Weir Family said...

Whooohooo!!! That is great, you'll have to let us know where you end up.

Elise said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you.

Sara said...

Congrats!

Janet said...

Hooray! I hope you find a great new home.