Monday, November 20, 2006

Let the holidays begin!

I'm off to a quick start on holiday shopping. I'm usually racking my brain for the best gift ever, but this year I'm taking the easy way out. Well, I'm still doing my regular Christmas shopping, but I've started much earlier this year. I wasn't planning on starting early, but I found a fun gift for Carson at Costco, so I had to get it. It's a play tent, TP, and two tunnels that he can crawl through. I think he's gonna love it. Dan and I plan on setting it up before he wakes up and see how he reacts when he sees it. I also bought a couple books that he likes and this fridge toy from LeapFrog. I had one of the books I bought him for Christmas out on the couch because I was going to wrap it and Carson saw it. He loved the book and wouldn't put it down. He brought it with us to Target (at least in the car), and cried when I told him we had to leave it in the car. He totally loved the book. Once he went down for his nap, I took the book back and wrapped it. Hopefully he will be just as excited when he sees it again in a month! I also have about 4 gifts for Dan already too. I won't mention what those are though :) So, the holidays are off and running. The stores already have their Christmas music playing and decorations up. And I already have a jump start on my shopping! I love this time of year!

Here's a picture of Carson that my Dad took about a month or so ago. It's so hard to get a one year old to pose for a picture! He looks like he has red hair in this picture....maybe he's taking after his Grandpa Loveridge after all!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. Cute Picture of Carson too.
kristine

Jenni said...

I saw the same tent at Costco - it looks so fun! Didn't think we had enough room for it so I didn't get it but I'm sure your little guy will love it. That's such a great picture - what a cutie!!