Thursday, November 16, 2006

Waking up Early and CATS!

Neither of these two things have anything to do with each other (at least not for me), but they are just two things I'm thinking about this morning. I woke up at 5:30am this morning...on purpose! You may wonder why I woke up that early when I have a son that 99% of the time sleeps in past 9am. Well, I'm trying a new thing of waking up early b/c Dan wakes up at 4:30am to teach seminary and he is always so tired by bedtime, but I'm not! So, I'm trying to wake up early so I'll be sleepy and more motivated to go to bed early when he needs to. Aren't I a nice wife? I'm really just trying to help him get more sleep, the poor guy. It's actually really nice waking up early and having a good chunk of time to get things done...cleaning, exercise, sewing, etc. It makes me feel like I've accomplished at least something that day. So, I'll try to keep it up, the only problem is that sometimes I work late, so I'm not sure I'll wake up early after those nights.


Here is a picture of our cat, Louie. Okay, he's not OUR cat, we are just cat-sitting him for a week for a girl at work. Didn't you know that I am a cat person?? Well, actually, I'm not! I reconfirmed that I'm not a cat person after about 2 hours of having a cat. Don't get me wrong, I think cats are great, just not for me. This cat is super friendly and mild mannered. He just follows us around and snoozes on the couch. Carson LOVES the cat and was so excited to see it when he woke up yesterday. He trys to pet it, but the cat isn't so sure about him and runs away. Carson quickly learned how to feed the cat while he's in his highchair. Hopefully today he eats his food instead of throwing it all over the side for the cat. So, why am I not a cat person if this cat is so cute? Well, I think after having my own house and kid, I just don't want another thing to take care of. I now understand what my mom was thinking when we had all of our pets...sorry mom! I don't like when animals watch me eat, just waiting for food to fall to the floor. And I really don't like a cat at my feet all the time. And I swear I can smell the litter box all throughout the downstairs...yuck! And that's not to mention actually CHANGING the litter box...double yuck! I thought I wanted to be a vet when I was growing up, but now I think I'm glad I'm not. I'll stick with human poop and be a nurse instead :) I don't want you to think I hate animals, because I don't. I just think I've realized and reconfirmed that I don't want one for myself, at least not now in life. Dan wants a dog eventually, so we'll see about that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just couldn't bear the thought of you checking your comments and finding none, so here I am! Great blog - I was loving all the slide show of adorable Carson pictures. May I request you post more pics of your many fabulous projects? I'd love to see more of the stuff you made/are making for the craft fairs. I always love seeing what you're up to.

Mary said...

Lynette, I know we talked about the cat at the library, but I too am not a pet person, though I do like animals in general. I feel bad about that since Lindsey LOVES all animals and would probably live a blissful life if we had even just one around at all times. But they are so much extra work and I'm no fan of pet hair.

How is catsitting going now that it has been around a few days?