Sunday, November 26, 2006

And we're back!


This picture is of Carson with his cousin Brooke. Brooke had a little candy cane and we found both of them sitting on the couch "sharing" the candy cane. Brooke would take a lick, then let Carson lick it, then take it back. They kept going back and forth, it was really cute!

We are back from our fun-filled trip to Rochester, NY for Thanksgiving. It was a lot of fun to see family and we had a great Thanksgiving meal all together. One thing that continues to surprise me about Thanksgiving is my new love for yams! I think each year I like them even more. I use to hate them when I was younger and now I'm going back for seconds! I guess you gotta love something smothered in butter and brown sugar. My mom did a superb job fixing not only the yams, but all the other staple items...including a yummy turkey! Mike and Crystal (my brother and his wife) contributed some yummy pies and a cheese ball in the shape of a turkey! Dan and I made our traditional pumpkin roll and cranberry juice ice cubes. It was a great Thanksgiving!



Carson really liked our vacation too. He did great in the car on the way up and back. He loved playing with his cousins and grandparents. I wish we had more family around for him to play with. We did learn though, that he has not quite gotten over his separation anxiety. Dan and I went to the store after we put him down for a nap. When we got back he was screaming and crying and out of control! My mom said he had been looking around the house for us when he woke up from his nap and was just crying and crying. Even after we got back and we were holding him, he still was screaming and out of control. It took quite a long time to calm him down. I have never seen him like that before. It makes me nervous for him to go to nursery in 2 weeks. Hopefully he will see all the toys and kids and love it in there. He is a very social little guy, but we just can't leave him (at least that's what he thinks). Hopefully this stage will pass soon. Although, my mom said I was clingy to her till I was 4 or so....great!



Carson continues to get smarter and smarter. I love seeing him do new things or figure things out. He knows quite a few animal sounds and body parts. My favorite is when he blinks his little eyes when you ask him "Where are your eyes?". He doesn't say very many words, but he does say "Whoa" a lot, especially if he falls down. It's very cute. We also taught him to say "No Way", although it sounds like "No Wa" when he says it. He is a fun kid.



Our Thanksgiving vacation was great and I really wish it wasn't over already. We're already back in the thick of everything. Dan got up early for seminary and is now working. I need to clean the whole house and I work tonight too. Then we have various meetings and things practically every night this week....ahhhhh, life.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

You know what, I'm starting to like yams/sweet potatoes too! My husband loves them so when ever we go to Boston Market he gets the sweet potato casserole and I steal a bite every now and then :) - totally thought I would never like them as a teenager!

Oh, and I bet our little guys are similar. Ben used to be uber-clingy, but the transition to nursery wasn't bad at all so there's hope!

Mary said...

Very cute! I'm glad you had a fun trip. I also admit I liked the sweet potatoes this year too (are sweet potatoes and yams the same? I've always wondered).

By the way, did you make the quilt in the pictures?

(this is Mary, I have no idea why this is posting me under just "M")