Sunday, November 19, 2006

What a weekend

Well, we're wrapping up another busy weekend. It seems like everytime we look forward to a relaxing weekend, a bunch of plans come up. A lot of the time the plans are things we choose to do, but other times they're not. Even with things we want to do, sometimes we would just rather sit at home and do "nothing". So, on friday we went to the temple visitor center to hear a BYU professor speak on "Arabs and the modern world". Obviously, this was more for Dan than for me, so Carson and I spent most of the time wandering around the visitor center and getting drinks from the drinking fountain. It was a fun night though and Dan thought the speaker was very interesting. On saturday, I spent most of the morning at our stake service project making quilts and blankets. They had a display of quilts that women had made and I especially enjoyed looking at those. Later that evening we went to a going away party for our friends, the Jensens. They are moving to VA, so we will still get to see them occasionally...thank goodness. Sunday is never the "day of rest" for us and today definately proved that right. After ward choir and 3 more hours of church, we came home to quickly eat and then I had to run off to the stake center for "Youth Standards Night". While I was gone learning about standards, Dan was off home teaching with Carson. Now, we're both home and I put Carson down for bed while Dan prepared his seminary lesson. So much for a relaxing weekend. Tomorrow starts another week of work, early morning seminary, mutual, and......Thanksgiving, YEAH! We are so excited to go on a little trip to Rochester to enjoy thanksgiving with my family. We are really looking forward to a break!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Doesn't it seem like Sundays are the busiest days! You actually have to work in the rest! Crazy....

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Sundays are totally not relaxing, I agree.

Have a fun Thanksgiving and a safe drive!

Anonymous said...

I just had to say, you and I totally made the best blankets at the stake activity! I call mine the Free Tortilla Soup quilt. HA! :)

Unknown said...

Hey Lynette, its Laura "Thompsett". I came across your blog from one of the VDBs I think. What a fun way to keep in touch! Regarding your post, I've determined that the word "rest" is not used in the literal, but rather a break from our other worldly cares, because what's restful about wrestling children during sacrament mtg, getting all of your Sunday calling matters taken care, going early or staying late at Church, attending meetings, and home/visiting teaching? Nothing! But somehow I do manage to feel edified and rejuvenated, imagine that.