Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Early Morning Seminary

The bishop asked the rest of the bishopric, the YM presidency, and the YW presidency to attend early morning seminary to "support" the youth. We only have to send someone from our presidency once a month, so I guess it's not all that bad. Well, we started it this month and I was the first to go. I didn't really have many options for what I could do with Carson (because Dan is the seminary teacher), so we snatched Carson out of his cozy bed at 5:10am (seminary started at 5:30am) and off we went to seminary. Carson wasn't too sure what to think of this, but was very well behaved. Even during seminary, Carson was surprisingly awake (since he usually wakes up at 9am or so) and he was very entertaining. Maybe the word "distracting" is more accurate. Carson was really good, but he kept wanting to sit with his daddy in front of the class. So, he would go sit with him and then make cute little squinty faces and blinking eyes at everyone. He was being really cute, but just a little distracting. I'm sure the youth didn't mind him there though. So, the class was good and Dan is a fun teacher. I hope the kids felt my "support". I'm off the hook for a couple months now and the rest of the presidency will have to go. I was a little worried that Carson would be awake for the day after seminary, but luckily when we got home he layed his head on my shoulder and I put him back down in his crib. Hopefully he'll sleep enough so he won't be cranky all day. He's a sweet boy for waking up so early :) So, there you have it. I have a lot of respect for those youth who wake up super early to go to seminary. I had to do the same thing, but i'm sure glad I don't have to do it anymore. You go guys!!!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

5:30am!! You're such a dedicated YW president! Wow, I was lucky - I had seminary during released time in high school. Good thing because I might not have graduated if I didn't have it during the day! :)

Anonymous said...

I remember the early mornings of seminary and I am glad I don't have to do it anymore. Luckily they have release time here and so I shouldn't be asked to go in and support the youth.

John taught Seminary when I had just had Curtis. It is so much work planning a lesson for every day. Does your husband like teaching seminary?