Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Double Stuff Mint Oreos










I've been wanting to blog lately, but I haven't known what to talk about. Life is good, but nothing too exciting is going on with us. We enjoyed a nice long weekend together as a family. I had to work a little over the weekend, but Dan had off monday and tuesday (not to mention that he took off thursday too). It was so fun having lots of time together. Yesterday we went down to visit some friends in VA. We had a blast going to Generous Georges for lunch and later to get frozen custard..yum! We went out to lunch with Ashley and Ryan and then went down to visit Jimmie and Hannah and their baby Christian. Christian is now 4 months old and he is super cute! It was fun seeing them and catching up for a while.




So, Carson is copying everything we say and do lately. He doesn't talk super well but he tries to copy our sounds and intonations. He also copies our actions, so we need to watch what we do! I was telling Dan that I don't think he should watch some "mature" shows while Carson is around...like CSI. I didn't want Carson mimicking the bad stuff, like shooting guns. So, as Dan and I were talking about it, I pretended to shoot a gun and Carson immediately imitated me! Ahhhh, that's exactly what I didn't want him to do. So, I taught my own kid to "shoot". I don't think he knows what he was doing, but he just copies everything! He is really cute. He is also trying really hard to say more words and today he pointed to his bum and said something that sounded like "I Poo". Well, sure enough, he was stinky! He is getting so big and smart!




Well, I really should go clean the house. Happy New Year!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wait until he talks more and then he starts copying everything you say. Then you have to be even more careful. Curtis now knows how to say Freak.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, be careful, you don't want him saying "toot" in sacrament meeting loud enough for the people in the row in front of you to hear and crack up about :) haha!