Wednesday, January 17, 2007

How do people do it?

So, I've started watching my friend's baby. She is three months old and I watch her 2-3 times a week. So far she has been a really "easy" baby. She loves to be in the swing and is a really calm baby. So far she has been really easy to take care of. The part I'm wondering how people do, is going places with two small kids. I went visiting teaching (visited 2 women from church) with both kids yesterday and it was a workout! Both of the kids were really good, but I just don't know how you carry a carseat with a baby AND help a little toddler. It was really a workout! I guess that's why people space their kids out a little more. This will be my test to see if we really want another kid....j/k. Carson really likes the baby and always says "baby?" when he sees her and also likes to "tickle" her. It is really cute. He doesn't seem jealous of the baby and she realy hasn't affected Carson's schedule, which is nice. So, now I just got to get better at going places with two kids...what a challenge! I give props out to all those mothers that have more than one kid....you go!

4 comments:

Mary said...

It IS a lot of work isn't it? Just getting the kids out the door is a workout, let alone getting them in and out of the car! Whew, I'm tired just thinking of it.

Jenni said...

Today I was going to take my 2 youngest to the mall after going to the post office and the thought of getting them out of their carseats, into the stroller, and then back into the carseats again, made me just go home. Some days it just wears you out... but most days its all good :)!

the design boss said...

That's why I never go anywhere ever, unless Alan has the kids. My kids are finally getting old enough where they can do a lot of it themselves but I am so out of the habit of going that unless I have to I don't. What a sad life! Let me add some hope....It does get easier though the more you practice!

Debbie said...

it gets worse with 3!