Monday, March 12, 2007

Another Project...



Here are some pictures of another project I recently finished. My good friend Jolynn just had her second child, a little baby boy. Her family recently moved back to Tremonton, Utah and I like to tease her that she lives in the middle of no-where (which it sounds like she kinda does). I thought this was the perfect person to make a fun "cowboy" quilt for. So, here is my first cowboy quilt. Every time I would work on the quilt, Carson would always come over and say "mooo, mooo, mooo!!!!". He loved the cow-print fabric. So, I quilted the word "moo" over and over in the small cow print border. The backing fabric was fun with all sorts of cowboy words and sayings on it. The lasso was made out of ric-rac, "braided" together. I also made some matching burp cloths and a fun cowboy sheriff bib. I also couldn't pass up these cute cowboy boots I found at Target that went perfectly with the gift. So, there you have it....another project. I'm so excited for Jolynn and her family and their new little cowboy!

6 comments:

Mendy said...

You are too much, Lynette! I can't believe you just whip up all that stuff like it's nothing. Your creativity is limitless! I still want you to show me how to do that stipple quilting on the machine. I tried it on a baby quilt I made and I don't think I did it exactly right.
Anyway, you are AWESOME!

Mary said...

Wow, that turned out so cute! I knew you were talking about making a cowboy blanket for her, but I didn't realize it was going to be such a fun quilt! Jolynn will love it!

The tiny boots are a great touch!

Jenni said...

SO CUTE is all I can say!! :)

Nettie! said...

You are so talented - and it's so great you can share your talents so often, what a blessing for you and others!

janeen said...

Where did you learn to be so crafty? You make the cutest things!

Ruth said...

That's it. I'm having another baby so you can make me something cute too! HA!