Saturday, March 24, 2007

Swimming and the Jeep...

Da Boys


Da Girls

Nope the jeep didn't go swimming this weekend....but we did! Carson loved the pool last summer so we really wanted to take him somewhere swimming at least once this winter. So, we went to a community aquatics center and went swimming. It was so much fun and Carson loved it!! They even had a little waterfall structure with several spouts of falling water. I think one of Carsons all time favorite things is falling water....he loves having the water running in the bath. Needless to say, Carson had a great night at the pool and cried when we left.

Now on to the jeep. Well, our poor beloved jeep wrangler "died" today. Ironically just last night Dan and I had this long conversation about what you should and shouldn't do if your car were to die. So, I was driving to work and was stopping for the red light when I went to shift it out of 4th gear and it was completely stuck. I couldn't get it to budge at all. We knew the jeep was on it's way out and the transmission was nearly done, so it wasn't a surprise. It was just a matter of time; we were just hoping it would last a little longer. So, I immediately called Dan and he quickly put Carson in the car and came to my rescue. Meanwhile I was waving people around me and trying to get it out of 4th gear...with no luck. So, when Dan got there we were able to push it into a gas station and he took me to work. Dan later got a friend to help him tow it back home and now we need to figure out what to do with it. I must admit, I'm a little sad that the jeep is dead. Ever since I knew Dan, he has always LOVED his jeep. It's his "baby". And he loves jeepin' and taking the top and doors off in the summer. He is just 100% a jeep guy! And now Carson recognizes jeeps and will say "jeep" whenever we see one or when Dan comes home. I love hearing Carson say "jeep....daddy?". So, I'm a little sad that we won't have the jeep anymore :( You've been a good jeep!!! We've been looking around at Nissan Quest minivans, so now we need to look more seriously. Anyone got any car suggestions??

8 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh poor Jeep!! That's so sad for you guys, but have you thought of maybe a Liberty? Adrian loves his. If you're ready for the minivan switch... we have a Grand Caravan, but I think if I had it to do over again I'd get a Sienna - they are so nice!! Good luck on your car search!

Mary said...

That's so stressful! I'm sorry about the loss of the beloved Jeep, especially since you were hoping it would last longer. The Nissan Quests look so nice, though. I hope you can find the right car soon.

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about the loss of your jeep. i hate car trouble.
we have a Plymouth Voyager. It is nice. I think I would prefer the two separate seats on the front passenger row over the bench seat. I also told John I would like one of those limo windows that separates the driver from the passenger so I could block our Curtis when he is annoying me but i haven't found one in a mini van yet. Good luck finding the right car and the right deal.

Anna said...

Hey guys! I can't believe that about the Jeep - what a sad day indeed for the Loveridge family! I can't even imagine Dan driving in to work in anything else - although we all know the Nissan Quest that Greg has is pretty nice! My brother just bought a Ford Freestyle and they really love that, too! It's sort of a mix between a minivan-suv-station wagon, I think. Happy car-hunting!

Anonymous said...

Toyota Sienna all the way, baby!! Kevin works for Teton Toyota now here in Idaho Falls, soooooooo - you could come visit me and get the first in it's class/best rated van all in one visit! :)

Mendy said...

I totally LOVE my minivan. I have a Toyota Sienna and I could go on for hours about the things I love about it. Among my favorites is how it is so big!! We bought a new clothes dryer a couple of years ago and I picked it up with two kids still in their car seats! Oh, and when we picked up our piano (a Pennysaver find), Michael and a friend just put it in the Sienna, shut the doors and drove it home. It's so handy! I don't know the stats anymore, but when I bought mine (in summer '03) the Sienna had the best gas mileage of all minivans, too. I'm totally writing too much, but can you tell how I love this vehicle? I was all set to buy the Honda, but I thought I'd look at others to be fair and I changed my mind and got the Sienna. Okay, I need to shut up now. Bye.

Anonymous said...

Parents magazine have a list of the top safest cars for families and their safety ratings in this months issue. There are a lot of minivans/SUV on the list.

A.Pandina said...

Hey, why are we not going to get another Jeep? It just seems that it's not even a possibilty! Dare the thought! Nick love his Jeep so much that "we" are "saving it". Do you really need a minivan, Lynette? Is there another bun in the oven that you aren't telling us about? (lol)