Sunday, May 20, 2007

What did WE do this weekend.

Saturday: This turned out to be a great day that we were able to catch up on lots of needed to be done errands. We were able to finally get rid of my old computer (we've been holding on to it for a year or so). It was getting so annoying having it in the living room corner and so I'm so happy it's gone. We also took a few boxes/bags to the thrift store. Can I just tell you, I love getting rid of stuff! I now have the bug to go through every nook and cranny in my house and de-clutter it....watch out Thrift store...here we come!

In the evening we went to my friend Ashley's house in Northern VA. We had all 5 of us friends from nursing school there....Me, Ashley, Sarah, Hannah, and Trevr. We all moved out here about 6 years ago after nursing school and have all stayed in touch. Ashley, Sarah, and I were roommates for several years. We had a lovely BBQ at Ashley's and it was sooo much fun to catch up on everything. Carson also loved being there. Ashley's roommate, Camille, took Carson next door to the fire station to show him all the fire trucks. He was SOOO excited. He got to sit in the trucks and see the ladders. He kept saying "fire truck, fire truck!"...over and over...it was really cute. Trevr also got him to say "fire red!" and "AWESOME fire truck". He also met a real fireman and got a cute plastic fire hat. It was really fun! When we got back to the house he couldn't stop telling everyone about the "FIRE TRUCK!"

Sunday: Sunday was a normal nice Sunday. Carson did especially well in church. He didn't ask for a single snack during sacrament meeting...that's amazing! He pretty much played with his toy jeep the whole time and was generally very well behaved. It was great! He also just loves nursery and has no problem leaving us behind. I love it! Sunday afternoon/evening I had to work...blah. It wasn't bad, i just would've rather been home :) I work a lot this week, but on Saturday we leave for NY...yeah!

5 comments:

Jenni said...

Sounds like a good weekend! I love going through stuff too - its such a great feeling to have a newly organized space!! I am so glad Carson does well in church for you - what a blessing with your new little one on the way!! :)

janeen said...

You are going to NY? You luck bum!
I'm also jealous that Carson goes to Nursery by himself. Yesterday Kaitlin had her second attempt going to nursery solo and it went over even worse than the week before. I guess we just keep trying, right?

Lynette said...

Yep, we leave for NY on saturday for a week. One of my high school friends is getting married. So, Carson loves nursery now, but it wasn't always that way. He cried ALOT for the first month, but now loves it. Poor Kaitlin has to start all over now that your not in there, give her a little time, soon she'll remember that she loves it!

Crystal said...

i can't wait to see you guys! we're looking forward to it! the kids have been looking at your blog with me, and they can't wait to play with carson.

Anonymous said...

I love de-cluttering and getting things ready to give away. This weekend Curtis and I went to GoodWill and dropped off a ton of stuff. He cried once he saw I got rid of some of his toys. Of course when I got home I found even more stuff I wanted to get rid of. I guess I will have to make another trip.

Have fun in NY!