Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Turkey Day!

We had a great thanksgiving today!!! Our trip up to Rochester was great too! The kids did awesome and we only had to stop once to eat lunch and feed the baby. Today we stuffed ourselves and enjoyed time with family. My brother Mike and his wife, Crystal, and family were here and Carson LOVED playing with his cousins. Brynlee pretty much slept all day, even with all the crazy kids running around and "playing" with her while she slept. My dad also got some really good pictures of Bryn too...I'm so excited about them...I'll post them later. My mom did an awesome job with all the food and Crystal's homemade salsa was sooooo scrumptious! Dan and I tried a new recipe for triple layer eggnog pie and it was yummy!!! After dinner we even played a game all together. We played my new favorite board game...WHOONU! It was a great thanksgiving day! I'm very thankful for my family.

5 comments:

Ruth said...

I think I speak for all of us when I say, "Give us the recipe!"

Egg nog is one of my favorite holiday treats. I have already treated myself to a McDonalds Egg Nog shake. yummy.

GFP said...

I think I speak for all of us when I say "ha ha, I got to eat some of the pie and the salsa!"

salsa recipe: tomatoes, onions, cilantro, salt, fresh squeezed lime juice and a dash of love! mmm mmm goooooood!!!

Nettie! said...

That sounds fun! I can't wait to go back to Rochester! We thought about going for my 10 year reunion the day after Thanksgiving (yesterday!) but we decided we needed to wait to travel. We are saving up to build a house right now.

It would've been so cool to see you (among others!)

Jenni said...

Yes - must have the egg nog pie recipe!!;) Sounds yummy!! How I love playing board games as a family - we'll have to try WHOONU! Glad you had a good thanksgiving!

A.Pandina said...

It was great seeing your family. (parents included) Brynlee is so cute in pictures, even more adorable in person! Such a sweet little sleepy baby. Nick and I enjoyed having dinner with you all. Carson is such a well behaved little boy, and friendly too. I feel bad he didn't get to see "the real" Mia.