Monday, November 12, 2007

I LOVE WEGMANS!!!


What is Wegmans you may be asking yourself??? If you don't know, please allow me to tell you...or better yet, I'd be happy to go there with you sometime! Wegmans is the BEST grocery store EVER!!! I like to call it the Disneyland of grocery stores. Wegmans actually originated in my hometown, Rochester, NY. I grew up with Wegmans...it is the best! They have the best produce, bulk candy, customer service, etc. I have a special place in my heart for Wegmans! They are even on the Fortune 100 list. They actually have some Wegmans down where we live now. They have two in VA and one in MD with a few more in the works. The Wegmans down here are HUGE. They all have two levels and one of them even has three levels with a underground parking garage. They are super fancy with a fancy upstairs eating area. Dan and I love to go there on a "date" to get pizza and wings. Today we went with Mary and Randy and their kids. I hope they liked it as much as we do. It's hard to explain to someone that we drive 45 minutes to go to lunch at a grocery store! We had a great time today though. We had yummy pizza and wings and then wandered around the store looking at everything. It was a fun day! Thanks guys for going with us, we hope you had fun too!


11 comments:

The Pugs said...

I haven't decided if I'll forgive you or not yet for not including me in your little party today...

The Pugs said...

Okay, I'm over it now! I'm glad you had fun and got to Wegmans to a few more of your friends. You've made believers out of us!!

Nettie! said...

Oh Lynette, I miss Wegmans so bad. It was my first place of employment (other than babysitting.) So is that one you went to a Super Wegmans? Do they have those now - where they have clothes and all kinds of stuff? If so I would love to see that!

Also, I haven't been here in awhile and wanted to say I'm sorry about the frustration and lack of sleep due to Brynlee having her days and nights mixed up. It's hard and you've had a lot of good suggestions. My only one that had trouble at night was Kaden and that only happened 10 months ago when he was 7 months and I just had to let him cry it out - but it's different when they're newborns. Good luck - it WILL get better sooner than later I'm sure!

Mary said...

We loved it! It was a fun day with you guys and we were totally impressed by the amazing store! We're only sorry you wouldn't let us go with the Pugs too (just kidding! But we'll do that sometime okay Tammy!?)

Doulabug said...

Hi Lynette! This is Mary Ann Locke and I have been enjoying your blog for weeks now. I can't remember what link sent me to you but I love it. Congratulations on your unexpected homebirth - that's the way to do it! You have beautiful children!

The Lockes have entered into the blog world too, so feel free to stop by. I wish mine looked as good as yours. I'm still trying to figure it all out.
http://lockesnest-ny.blogspot.com/

Malinda said...

That is so fun! I miss Wegmans! We went there and it was a blast. I did not know they could have all those groceries and different typer of foods all under one roof!

~ Amy said...

Aaah. Wegmans! I got my fix when I went home (just got back a week ago). Wegmans is the best grocery store ever! I worked there in high school and my first year of college. They were awesome to work for. Their stores are even better now though!I asked someone there if they could order me a wegmans in my hometown... I need to look up where they are building the new ones.

janeen said...

I still call all plastic bags, wegman bags! I can't even imagine a 3 story wegman's, now that's cool.

Jenni said...

Okay okay Lynette...so when are you going to invite me on a Wegman's spree?!! (jk;)) I love how much you love this store!! I really do need to check it out sometime!

Sara said...

I LOVE Wegmans too! Chad makes fun of me soooo much if I ever bring it up. Or if anyone else from Rochester does. He just doesn't get it. We even went to one our last visit home and he still didn't get how awesome it is.

Anonymous said...

oh how i miss wegmans too! i have not been home in years and nothing else compares.
by the way brynnlee is adorable. the halloween pics of tthe kiddos were so cute.